how to wear your chanel jacket...

No luck at the sales but chose this dress from S/S Act 1. It is navy, white and multi colour Tweed in a cut which suits me well. Best of all, 2 side pockets! My SA is very particular so he arranged for minor alterations to be done. Thank you for letting me share, so much for Ban Island!

View attachment 3578312

Beautiful periogirl, there are some amazing pieces from the ACT1 ,

I was told the first cosmopolite jacket costs about 28k. But that they made a version without all the flowers. Instead of the three flower buttons they are going to be the clear lucite buttons and it will be either the cream or black versions. Price about 5100.

I know I am a little behind on responding but thank you for the heads up! $5100 (I'm hoping that's dollars) isn't that bad.

Hello ladies, I almost bought the green jacket ($5,400) from the Cuba runway collection but changed my mind the last minute because I prefer buttons instead of zipper pull. The double breasted white blazer is also from the newer season, IMO it runs bigger, priced at $4,700 and also comes in black. I did not take both as I need to control myself and only focus on pieces on my wish list ;).

Hello ladies, I almost bought the green jacket ($5,400) from the Cuba runway collection but changed my mind the last minute because I prefer buttons instead of zipper pull. The double breasted white blazer is also from the newer season, IMO it runs bigger, priced at $4,700 and also comes in black. I did not take both as I need to control myself and only focus on pieces on my wish list ;).

Good decision. Neither of these does you justice.

Expert opinion needed! I found the matching pencil skirt to the Rome LBJ at an amazing price, and it was in the same size as my a-line skirt. But I definitely cannot zip it up. Seeing as I'm not losing 10lbs of baby weight any time soon, do you think this style can be let out? I really don't want to have to return it [emoji45]

IMG_1484793708.616693.jpg

No luck at the sales but chose this dress from S/S Act 1. It is navy, white and multi colour Tweed in a cut which suits me well. Best of all, 2 side pockets! My SA is very particular so he arranged for minor alterations to be done. Thank you for letting me share, so much for Ban Island!

View attachment 3578312

Beautiful!

Have my eyes on these,

Cardigan is my top choice,

View attachment 3578444

View attachment 3578446

I like all the knits - thank you for the pics!

I actually like the white [emoji12]. But I agree I prefer buttons as well.

Reactions: AAngela
Thanks ladies :hugs:these pieces are nice but too "ordinary".... I may reconsider these pieces when they are marking down :biggrin:.

ailoveresale. ~ I like the blazer in "black" but it was too big on me so I did not take a mod shot.

Good decision. Neither of these does you justice.

They're nice pieces, but neither are too special.

Agreed. I wouldn't call these special. They're too practical.

I actually like the white [emoji12]. But I agree I prefer buttons as well.

I actually like the white jacket!

I found the khaki jacket's colour to be bit too washed out and pale,

Expert opinion needed! I found the matching pencil skirt to the Rome LBJ at an amazing price, and it was in the same size as my a-line skirt. But I definitely cannot zip it up. Seeing as I'm not losing 10lbs of baby weight any time soon, do you think this style can be let out? I really don't want to have to return it [emoji45]

View attachment 3578694

Can you take it to Chanel? The tailors are amazing and will do everything they can. Including order extra material if needed. HTH!

Hopefully they will go back to the old way of double markdowns. I still ended up with another sweater today, I love it, oh well, couldn't help myself.
These two pieces just arrived and the prices were not so crazy as far as Chanel goes.
The first is navy and black lightweight tweed, lined in camellia silk with black and navy enamel buttons. A very close fit with a lovely flare at the wrist. I'm thinking about it, but I don't feel ready to jump into spring just yet. I sized up one size from the black Paris Rome for reference. I think it was 4200, I might be off a few hundred (more, lol).
View attachment 3577695 View attachment 3577696
This black loose tweed below is boxy, and only lined in the shoulder yoke and sleeve. No buttons or hooks. But it's $3200.00. A nice easy piece. Hard to tell if I liked it on, they did not have my size.
View attachment 3577697
dharma, I tried both jackets last weekend and my SA and I agreed to pass both. Here is the reason. Jacket 1, too much of a very formal office suit jacket. My work is formal but I normally wear knitwear and I feel it's too formal in or out of the office. Hence its use is limited for me. But if you do wear very formal jackets often then it's a well cut jacket. Jacket 2, a bit bland, the tweed is not very special. Boxy cut, no amount of tailoring can make it work with my body shape. But I think it will work as a blazer when it's a bit chilly.
You should definitely try them and see.