Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

You ladies/gents are so knowledgeable! Could I ask what you think the specs are of my bag? Mine should be Rouge H in Box Calf but it seems that there are other details (other than leather, color, or hardware) such as stitching, etc that differentiates each bag and I was wondering if you guys would know any other specs for mine...

IMG_1483155355.760045.jpg

Thank you!!

You ladies/gents are so knowledgeable! Could I ask what you think the specs are of my bag? Mine should be Rouge H in Box Calf but it seems that there are other details (other than leather, color, or hardware) such as stitching, etc that differentiates each bag and I was wondering if you guys would know any other specs for mine...

View attachment 3561409

Thank you!!
Your bag is classic Rouge H box calf retourné....it doesn't need any differentiation :heart: It's pre-2000 from the single handle rings, but you knew the year already. If the strap is original to the bag, the original owner probably specially requested it.
Of course every bag is unique and special. I had an artisan tell me yesterday that he thought about the person that would carry each bag. He especially loved SOs because he would know where they were going and the person's name, but with every bag he finished he pictured the story of who would carry it. So your bag has that spirit imbued in it.

Your bag is classic Rouge H box calf retourné....it doesn't need any differentiation :heart: It's pre-2000 from the single handle rings, but you knew the year already. If the strap is original to the bag, the original owner probably specially requested it.
Of course every bag is unique and special. I had an artisan tell me yesterday that he thought about the person that would carry each bag. He especially loved SOs because he would know where they were going and the person's name, but with every bag he finished he pictured the story of who would carry it. So your bag has that spirit imbued in it.

Thank you so much for this information! I was told by Gerry from the Leather Surgeons that it is the original strap. How do you know whether or not it was a SO? And I love that story!

Reactions: prepster
Thank you so much for this information! I was told by Gerry from the Leather Surgeons that it is the original strap. How do you know whether or not it was a SO? And I love that story!
Honestly, pre-2000 I wasn't buying anything in the H boutique :P but in the history of the Kelly, first there were no straps, then at some point optional straps came along (at which point I THINK, but do not know, that you would ask the boutique for a strap to accompany your bag), and then at some point the strap became always part of a Kelly purchase.
I am sure an expert here knows how this whole strap saga evolved!

Reactions: prepster
Honestly, pre-2000 I wasn't buying anything in the H boutique :P but in the history of the Kelly, first there were no straps, then at some point optional straps came along (at which point I THINK, but do not know, that you would ask the boutique for a strap to accompany your bag), and then at some point the strap became always part of a Kelly purchase.
I am sure an expert here knows how this whole strap saga evolved!

Ahhh gotcha, thanks for the info! [emoji5]

Hi! Was wondering if anyone could help to take a look at this and confirm if it's chamonix? The stamp is colorless though. Thanks so much.

View media item 1629View media item 1630

I remember in one post Bababebi mentioned that Barenia & vache naturel tend to have the colourless heat stamps, and that Chamonix sometimes has it. Most chamonix I have seen though have the silver or gold stamp, but apparently the colourless stamped ones do exist.