The New Lexa

Can you truly get over it or will you always now see your bag as "defective" in some way? I realize it's a minor detail, but the psychological aspect can be quite powerful. If you can return it in store, I would bring it up to the counter with intent to return and see how you feel the moment you go to return it. That can help you figure out your conflict.

Thank you for the opinion. I'm so torn....everything else about the bag is absolutely perfect and they ONLY had one. I would have to drive over an hour to get to the next closest boutique. On the plus side Saks did give me a one year warranty directly though them, so maybe they can order me a new one to exchange?

Update: I called my SA and he offered to order me a new bag shipped directly to my house. I have till Sunday to decide if I can deal with the defect or if I want to return it and have a new bag sent to me.

Last edited:
Thank you for the opinion. I'm so torn....everything else about the bag is absolutely perfect and they ONLY had one. I would have to drive over an hour to get to the next closest boutique. On the plus side Saks did give me a one year warranty directly though them, so maybe they can order me a new one to exchange?

I would just sit with it for a week or two, and then see how you feel. If you are still feel torn, have them order you a new one then take the trip and exchange it. Also, do you tend to baby your bags or will it get wear and tear? If you don't baby it, you may just want to keep as it will get a certain amount of wear either way. Good luck!

Update: I called my SA and he offered to order me a new bag shipped directly to my house. I have till Sunday to decide if I can deal with the defect or if I want to return it and have a new bag sent to me.
I would exchange unless you get a super deal on it like 50%+ off. I don't tolerate any damage like micro scratches on my bags, when it's for the full price they should exchange it.

Reactions: YellowBuggie
I would exchange unless you get a super deal on it like 50%+ off. I don't tolerate any damage like micro scratches on my bags, when it's for the full price they should exchange it.

Thanks Gems! I called the other Saks and they have one in stock. I'm going there now to check it out. They said they would exchange for me. That was kind of my feeling too....there's that issue with the lining and a small scratch on the long handle.....I shouldn't have to settle for that when I paid top dollar. Heck, my $200 -$400 designer bags have NEVER had a defect, why should I put up with one on a bag this expensive.

I really appreciate the input. I think I felt guilty for wanting to return it over that, but that's silly to feel guilty.

Reactions: GemsBerry
I would just sit with it for a week or two, and then see how you feel. If you are still feel torn, have them order you a new one then take the trip and exchange it. Also, do you tend to baby your bags or will it get wear and tear? If you don't baby it, you may just want to keep as it will get a certain amount of wear either way. Good luck!

I don't baby my less expensive designer bags (because I can afford to replace those), but this was a big investment for me. I've been obsessing over it for two days so I don't think I can get over it unfortunately. Wish me luck that the bag I'm going to check out is perfect.... otherwise I will have them send me one from the distributor.

I do have to applaud Saks for the great customer service...I guess you do get the service you pay for lol

Thanks Gems! I called the other Saks and they have one in stock. I'm going there now to check it out. They said they would exchange for me. That was kind of my feeling too....there's that issue with the lining and a small scratch on the long handle.....I shouldn't have to settle for that when I paid top dollar. Heck, my $200 -$400 designer bags have NEVER had a defect, why should I put up with one on a bag this expensive.

I really appreciate the input. I think I felt guilty for wanting to return it over that, but that's silly to feel guilty.
Yep, go for it and keep us posted:smile:

Thanks again ladies! The bag was perfect! The lovely SA even took the time to look the bag over completely for me to ensure it was in perfect condition. My new bag is definitely here to stay!! Now I can go on being thrilled to carry my Lexa :smile:

Verx happy for you that everything worked out so smoothly. Enjoy your perfect Lexa. [emoji4]

Thank you everyone. I am so happy I made the switch, was well worth the extra trip :smile:

Also, I have to hand it to my incredibly understanding boyfriend who came along with me for both trips. He was a trooper and never once gave me any heck for spending that much money or fussing over a defect. Yay for men who understand the value of quality :smile:

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I am so happy I made the switch, was well worth the extra trip :smile:

Also, I have to hand it to my incredibly understanding boyfriend who came along with me for both trips. He was a trooper and never once gave me any heck for spending that much money or fussing over a defect. Yay for men who understand the value of quality :smile:

Yes, it sounds like your boyfriend is a keeper! My husband is very understanding of my handbag obsession and I appreciate this very much. When you have a handbag addiction, it's definitely important to have a partner who won't judge you. Have a great weekend!! I'll be using my Chloe Marcie in Nut color today [emoji259][emoji259]

Yes, it sounds like your boyfriend is a keeper! My husband is very understanding of my handbag obsession and I appreciate this very much. When you have a handbag addiction, it's definitely important to have a partner who won't judge you. Have a great weekend!! I'll be using my Chloe Marcie in Nut color today [emoji259][emoji259]

Share a pic of her...those are a fav of mine but not quite my style!!