Sellier Birkin 40 is mentioned in today's NY times T magazine

In major conundrum for this piece vs ordering another SO in my personal favorite color combos. I only carry B/K 40cm.... I like this because I don't have any H BLACK bag.
I like the concept and the minimalist style.. Must inquire everything about it next time I'm at H..

Yes, please do! And when you get all the details make sure to share them!!! :biggrin:

I love love love the idea and the look - but why unlined?! And only 40!? Or did they only have a pic of the 40!? 40 is so huge! =(

Only size 40 for SS15. Perhaps they may introduce smaller size in the future if it sells well. Who knows?

Unlined because it can reduce the weight. Vache Hunter (the material they used for this bag) is a relatively thick and heavy leather...perhaps it is the reason it is unlined.

i loved this idea its all i loved about the shadow birkin but thith the practical H-W because the bag is so minimal i adore it !!!!!! and it must be lighter i use 40cms almost everyday now and they fit everything !!! plus if i get one my divine crinoline barenia will finally have a day or two off !!!!

This Birkin seems reminiscent of th 40 cm White Bus. My concern with the White Bus has been that it does not have metal feet to protect the bottom/edges of the bag.
Would think White Bus fans would love this Birkin.

I can't wait to see what the bag looks like on the inside. I imagine it's unlined to reduce weight. I like the minimalist design and I don't mind it unlined as long as there's some sorta pocket (zipped or unzipped) to put my keys and mobile device in.

Thanks lvj12,
Interesting information.
Seems we saw a picture of the prototype.
A friend pointed out that the "small" stitching on the sellier edge might be machine stitching, as it was rather small for hand stitching.
Years ago I was told by my SA that the Gaultier Shoulder Birkin was a prototype only, but then it did become available.

Seems too bare to me personally, might be an attempt to bridge the gap between Kelly and regular Birkin in terms of looks perhaps? Don't know honestly how I feel about this one...