Hermes.com ISSUES & SOLUTIONS

Please keep your mind and posts on the topic of this thread - hermes.com only.

Please use the ignore function if a member's posts grate on you, or report if they offend which breaks our rules. You do not have to deal with rude or inflammatory comments yourself.

No buying, selling or soliciting is allowed on the forum

TPF welcomes members from all over the world, some of those are fashion and media professionals but they are NOT permitted to use tPF to promote their businesses, services or products within their posts. Use sigs only.

Please post web finds (including h.com's) here: Post Ebay/Web Hermes Finds

Happy online shopping

I can only shake my head at how inefficient their processes are. I placed an order on Saturday. While placing the order I saw the note indicating that there would be a 2-3 day delay, which I understand means the item is coming from a store rather than their warehouse. But as of this morning I hadn't heard any further and my DH noticed that there was no longer a pending charge on our card, so I suspected the item had been cancelled. So this afternoon I call and after looking up my order number, I'm told that the bracelet is at a store (ok, I figured that) and it had to be shipped to the warehouse first and then shipped to me. ???? Why not ship it straight from the store to me? That's what happens everywhere else I shop when an item is coming from a store rather than a warehouse. It just costs them more (not to mention how much longer it takes) to ship it to two different places rather than one.

Hello!

I have never shopped at the Hermès online shop before. Now I want to buy a scarf and a scarf ring.

Is it likely to be a stressfree, worryfree, perfect experience?
Is the parcel service in Europe OK?

In case you returned something: did you experience any problems?

I would love to hear from you before I place my order. (The scarf in Vienna was sold within 24 hours – yesterday it was there, today it's gone ... but it's still available online.)

TYIA!

I always try to use my local boutique. Even if I find something I like online I will call and ask my SA to locate it for me. That way the store will get credit, or if they do a "charge send" at least my SA will get credit for the sale, that is how you build a relationship.

The Hermes store where I live is a concept store so they can't move anything or even search for anything. They only have what they have. That's about to change though as we are getting a flagship store, yay!
Anyway, last week I bought a bag from H.com. It arrived two days later and everything was perfect :tup:

I'd ordered and received a horn necklace that had clearly been worn many times and was very badly scratched, brought that one back to Madison Ave to show them what they sent and they apologized profusely. I've also been sent wrong sizes of bracelets three times. .
This is my biggest fear. I would not be able to return it in a shop, I would have to ship the return and wait for the refund.

Has anybody experienced a similar bad surprise with pre-used goods?

I'm not sure what the Europe postal service is like, but I have ordered on Hermes online in the US and had great experiences! They package everything wonderfully and they didn't deliver unless there was a signature. I know the returns are a bit tricky but it details it on the website I believe. Most items can be returned in store except some pieces. I have only ordered bracelets and accessories online, so I can't speak for the bags or fine jewelry.

Reactions: lovely_bag
Hi, I buy online from Hermes.com (UK) and the service is great. Items normally arrive the next day by FedEx or you can collect from a store. Returns are fine but they do take a while to credit your account, I've also exchanged in store and it's been easy and stress free. Hope this helps.

I would be so upset, especially without a store in my state to correct this in person. But I can honestly say I've made countless purchases from h.com without a single flaw because I don't have a store in my state. I do shop online quite a bit as well as travel to Las Vegas, but I have purchased two exotic cdc's , a rodeo, more GM shawls than I can count , shoes, enamels.....even a Halzan.. everything has always come perfectly packaged in mint fresh out of the box condition. I would be appalled if I was the receiver of a pre used item to say the least

ALL WENT WELL!
:girlsigh:

I ordered the scarf Friday night and today, Monday FedEx delivered the scarf. Never before did I experience such a fast delivery.
The parcel was left at the shop near my house (I gave my consent), because I was not at home at the time FedEx showed up.

Now I even own an offical Hermès receipt which names the exact scarf type. In the store in Vienna they just write "scarf" and the price.

One thing I like to emphasize is the fact, that the sender-label on the parcel does not say "Hermès".
You would have to know the adress (we know, of course :graucho:) to realize that this is a parcel of a certain value.

I am very, very happy and 100% content. :love:

ALL WENT WELL!
:girlsigh:

I ordered the scarf Friday night and today, Monday FedEx delivered the scarf. Never before did I experience such a fast delivery.
The parcel was left at the shop near my house (I gave my consent), because I was not at home at the time FedEx showed up.

Now I even own an offical Hermès receipt which names the exact scarf type. In the store in Vienna they just write "scarf" and the price.

One thing I like to emphasize is the fact, that the sender-label on the parcel does not say "Hermès".
You would have to know the adress (we know, of course :graucho:) to realize that this is a parcel of a certain value.

I am very, very happy and 100% content. :love:
I must laugh.. my hubby never knows who the shipper is when H.com packages arrive[emoji12] happy you are happy.. i have been very fortunate in shopping with h.com as well [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120]

Edit: not ALL is well ... I did not look at the bottom of the box before. It was obviously crushed during transportation. The brown cardboard-cover which wraps the orange box is not very stiff, bumps and squeezes go right through the cardboard to the orange box.
It is slightly annoying and the reselling value is reduced (not that I plan to resell my scarves at the moment).

Would you write a feedback to hermes.com?

Edit: not ALL is well ... I did not look at the bottom of the box before. It was obviously crushed during transportation. The brown cardboard-cover which wraps the orange box is not very stiff, bumps and squeezes go right through the cardboard to the orange box.
It is slightly annoying and the reselling value is reduced (not that I plan to resell my scarves at the moment).

If it eases your mind at all, I never consider the condition of the box when purchasing a scarf - for me it is totally a non-issue. As long as there is a box I really don't care. At most value would be reduced by what, a few dollars? $5? Conversely, in all my listings (almost 20 years [emoji51]) I don't recall ever mentioning the condition of the box (unless I had a label on the box, which was either still there or previously removed, leaving noticeable marks) and regardless I cannot remember anyone being concerned about it. [emoji254]

If it's very crushed, maybe you can take it with you next time you go to your local boutique and they'll exchange the box for you.