Hermes.com ISSUES & SOLUTIONS

Please keep your mind and posts on the topic of this thread - hermes.com only.

Please use the ignore function if a member's posts grate on you, or report if they offend which breaks our rules. You do not have to deal with rude or inflammatory comments yourself.

No buying, selling or soliciting is allowed on the forum

TPF welcomes members from all over the world, some of those are fashion and media professionals but they are NOT permitted to use tPF to promote their businesses, services or products within their posts. Use sigs only.

Please post web finds (including h.com's) here: Post Ebay/Web Hermes Finds

Happy online shopping

In the U.S. if you return an item to a boutique, they only give you a store credit and not a refund to your credit card.

In Canada I got store credit when I returned an H.com purchase to my local store.

The store will not accept the return. They will however allow an exchange for a similar item or one of a greater value with the difference paid in store. It's really easy to return an item as one just needs to log on into their account and print the return shipping label. FedEx will come pick up the item unless you opt for drop off at their service point. HTH.

Thanks everyone!

Hi, I have tried to get GP Red H online twice. Both transactions went through but a few days later I got emails that the orders have been canceled. I called customer service twice and they told me it was out of stock. It seemed weird because I always keep my eyes on the website. Once I saw it listed I placed an order right away. Being canceled an order made me frustrated. Does anyone have the same experience?

Hi, I have tried to get GP Red H online twice. Both transactions went through but a few days later I got emails that the orders have been canceled. I called customer service twice and they told me it was out of stock. It seemed weird because I always keep my eyes on the website. Once I saw it listed I placed an order right away. Being canceled an order made me frustrated. Does anyone have the same experience?

I had my order cancelled but it was a bag charm. :sad:

Perhaps next time you see it give H.com call to place your order?

I just wanted to post to say that I ordered a Zebra Pegasus in 90 in the CW black, brown, bronze just last week and received it in just a few days. Is H.com just luck of the draw?

I placed an order for an Evelyn and received an email the next day saying that it's cancelled with no explanation. I called to find out why and they said that for some popular products, several people might purchase them at the same time so the online inventory wasn't able to update correctly.

I received an item from the website that is not for me so began the process to return it. I requested a shipping label so I could simply drop it off at the Fed Ex location near my home. They sent me an e-mail with a link to print the shipping label, except the link was broken. All that comes up is, about:blank.

So I replied back telling them about the bad link and could they please send me a working link. To which I received an automated e-mail saying that someone would get back to me shortly. I guess everyone's definition of 'shortly' is different.

It's been two days with no response so I decided to call their 1 800 number to speak with a live human. I went through the maze of menus and when someone finally picked up the phone they immediately hung up on me. So I called back, went through the maze of menus again, and was put on hold for the next available agent. I was on hold for almost 10 minutes at which point their message came that I should leave them a message and someone would get back to me.

My experience with the staff who run this site has not been good. I have placed many orders with hermes.com since 2011. I've returned three items back to H.com. I've had three order cancellations because I ordered an item on the site that was not available. I'd ordered and received a horn necklace that had clearly been worn many times and was very badly scratched, brought that one back to Madison Ave to show them what they sent and they apologized profusely. I've also been sent wrong sizes of bracelets three times.

So I am a little sensitive when another issue comes up because it's an ongoing thing with them. There are other websites I order from on a very regular basis and have never had any problems. And this, the creme de la creme of the lot, has the most dysfunctional customer service of any of them hands down. They win.

It's been two days with no response so I decided to call their 1 800 number to speak with a live human. I went through the maze of menus and when someone finally picked up the phone they immediately hung up on me. So I called back, went through the maze of menus again, and was put on hold for the next available agent. I was on hold for almost 10 minutes at which point their message came that I should leave them a message and someone would get back to me.

My experience with the staff who run this site has not been good. I have placed many orders with hermes.com since 2011. I've returned three items back to H.com. I've had three order cancellations because I ordered an item on the site that was not available. I'd ordered and received a horn necklace that had clearly been worn many times and was very badly scratched, brought that one back to Madison Ave to show them what they sent and they apologized profusely. I've also been sent wrong sizes of bracelets three times.

And this, the creme de la creme of the lot, has the most dysfunctional customer service of any of them hands down. They win.

That's very unfortunate. I had to exchange an item recently, and instead of e-mailing them, as I first was planning to do, I called them. My experience was great. They sent a (working) link and they arranged for someone to pick the package up the next day. Everything went really smoothly, except that the girl on the phone tried to speak French with me :lol:

Sorry that this is such a late reply to this topic but there is a way to view the desktop version of a website on your iPhone.

Follow the directions below as posted on the wonderhowto.com website. This doesn't work for every website, but it does work for Hermès!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 10.25.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 10.25.38 PM.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 485
So a gal from H.com actually got back to me late yesterday and was extremely helpful. She sent me an e-mail with a PDF attachment of a shipping label instead of one with a hot link. I was able to print it and will ship the package out to them today.

My experience with them has been hit and miss and admittedly I do an enormous amount of ordering thru the website. But that still isn't an excuse for some of the issues I've experienced which have also been voiced here by others.

Several years ago I was interviewed by Hermes about the website, how I use it and suggestions, this because they saw how much I was purchasing. I was on the phone with someone from Paris for over two hours and we exchanged lots of great information. Unfortunately nothing changed after our conversation but it was good on their part to reach out to customers like myself for comments and improvements that can be made to H.com.

Sorry that this is such a late reply to this topic but there is a way to view the desktop version of a website on your iPhone.

Follow the directions below as posted on the wonderhowto.com website. This doesn't work for every website, but it does work for Hermès!
That's fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Everyone, it's my first post here, but I'm sure you gals (and some guys) are pretty friendly.

So, I did wanna ask, does anyone know if purchasing from hermes online, would automatically add the product to the customer's profile, to be seen on one of those iPad mini's that the SA have in the boutique?

I'm only asking because I would want to start building up a profile/account to eventually get my dream bag ~ a 40 Gold Birkin with Gold buckles. Just last month, I already purchased a 25 birkin, 26 Lindy, a Dogon recto verso, as well as a 18 Picoton. So, obviously, I already started building up my profile.

I love love the Silk'in long in Mykonos/fawn/bright red that's currently on the USA website. But, I haven't heard from my SA in over a week. And, yes, I am a guy, and I'm not really the person to go for a darker color scheme. I love bright colors.

Also, is buying Hermes cheaper in Paris/Europe? I'm headed to London in September, and I'm willing to stop by Hermes FSH and maybe purchase just another item.:P

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.21.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.21.04 PM.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 307
Hi Everyone, it's my first post here, but I'm sure you gals (and some guys) are pretty friendly.

So, I did wanna ask, does anyone know if purchasing from hermes online, would automatically add the product to the customer's profile, to be seen on one of those iPad mini's that the SA have in the boutique?

I'm only asking because I would want to start building up a profile/account to eventually get my dream bag ~ a 40 Gold Birkin with Gold buckles. Just last month, I already purchased a 25 birkin, 26 Lindy, a Dogon recto verso, as well as a 18 Picoton. So, obviously, I already started building up my profile.

I love love the Silk'in long in Mykonos/fawn/bright red that's currently on the USA website. But, I haven't heard from my SA in over a week. And, yes, I am a guy, and I'm not really the person to go for a darker color scheme. I love bright colors.

Also, is buying Hermes cheaper in Paris/Europe? I'm headed to London in September, and I'm willing to stop by Hermes FSH and maybe purchase just another item.[emoji14]
Honestly, if you want to build a relationship to eventually get a b or k, the best way is to work with one sa you click with in one store, ...buying online won't help much and I was advised to shop from the same store to increase your chances. You have to see Hermes boutiques as individual profit centers so your sa would want you to accumulate spending with him or her before offering you a b or k. Furthermore, they don't count leather goods in spending as this is their highest gross selling categories, they push for spending in other categories such as watch, jewelry, home goods, rtw. Hope this helps.

Yes, buying in Europe is def cheaper than US easily by 20-30% depending on fx rate. Same goes for buying in UK esp now with brexit.

Also, is buying Hermes cheaper in Paris/Europe? I'm headed to London in September, and I'm willing to stop by Hermes FSH and maybe purchase just another item.:P

Yes, Europe is a bit cheaper - not as much since they adjusted the prices, and it varies from item to item. On bags it is meaningful. However you can't be sure what duty you will be assessed returning to the US - you can kind of consider the European VAT refund a match to US duties.
The UK is now a little better priced because of the Brexit fallout, but what's really a good deal is duty fee in Heathrow. Since it's not a mailed-in tax refund, the WHOLE VAT is removed, lowering the price by close to 20%. Detaxe in Paris is only 10%.
All the above is more a topic for other threads but to get back to topic, I order from the EU websites a fair amount. No detaxe but if you have a European address to use, it gives you another inventory option and good prices.

Reactions: Txoceangirl