**Hermes Chat**

Hi Chat,
I'm super bored waiting for an appointment and I took a peek at everyone's favorite Le Fashion.

Groundbreaking news, Fall is coming and nothing is cooler than a loose black sweater tucked into white boyfriend jeans with black strappy sandals. Black with White is COOL you guys! You're all welcome for this life changing information. :happydance:

Now, here is the rub, Mrs Owen. There is nothing Le Fashion-able about tucking a loose black sweater into white boyfriend jeans, or any other jeans. I mean, how? Is it easy for you, or you, Mindi, I am talking to you, or me, beeble? Well I only know about me. First of all, I think a sweater is not meant to be tucked into jeans or any other bottom-wear. I have never understood the tucking in of a t-shirt only to expose a belt buckle. But, I am a stupid Poodle Girl, so what do I know. My uniform consists of an untucked top over skinny jeans or straight-leg jeans. For dress, I wear nice black pants. I am not an animal. I am a poodle, after all. I do understand and obey the rules of fashion.
beeble's fashion rules:
  1. No white shoes after Labor Day
  2. No white bags after Labor Day
  3. Jewelry -- No mixing white metals with yellow or red metals
  4. No white socks with anything, especially birkenstocks
  5. Before you leave the house, take one thing off, just make sure it is not a major piece of clothing, like a blouse
  6. Don't pay attention to rules, especially when administered by a poodle.
Given with love, beeble

p.s. mr. beeble adds: we don't appreciate the "cold shoulder" look for day-wear

Fashion flash from Vogue!

You can repeat the same outfit! Even the Duchess of Cambridge does it *thud* (emphasis mine)
Of course she waited, wait for it, TWO YEARS, to wear the same dress.

According to one Vogue editor, she'll repeat an outfit but only with a different group of people.

Phil and Lil, yes. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, not so much. Maybe Pete and Tink. Maybe.
I have mentioned before that David Letterman, when he first became known, had dogs named Bob and Stan. Love that.

lol. Coincidentally, we had an old farm years ago. We had two sheep call Stan and John (named after certain profs that exDH worked with.

CK, You and Mr. Hot Cars are a joy to see!!!!

Drum roll everyone....
The bathrooms are DONE!!! A couple of minor things are left. But I paid everything but $1,000 to ensure that they finish the odds and ends. A new sink drain plug needs to be ordered and some sanding and painting in the basement needs to be done, and one vent cover needs to be replaced. But that's it. I'll take some pics and post them soon.

DH and I went out for tacos, mojitos and margaritas to celebrate.

It's been a long week at work too.
On Monday, a co-worker came into my office with Norovirus. She had been throwing up all weekend. Came in to the office threw up twice and went to the doctor where said virus was confirmed. I used the same bathroom as the woman directly after her. I was really scared that I'd pick up the virus because it's incredibly contagious. Though I washed my hands, I handled the faucet handles and the exit door handle. I read on the CDC website that the incubation period is 12 to 48 hours. So I did not eat yesterday. And I worked from 8:30am to 7:30pm. By the time I got home I had a splitting headache. But concluded, I probably was not going to get the virus, so I ate dinner.

I am going to talk to HR about separating sick time and PTO. This woman came into the office to preserve her vacation time. It was totally irresponsible. We have people in our office who have newborn babies.

I can't wait until the middle of September. That's when things will begin to slow down.

Now, here is the rub, Mrs Owen. There is nothing Le Fashion-able about tucking a loose black sweater into white boyfriend jeans, or any other jeans. I mean, how? Is it easy for you, or you, Mindi, I am talking to you, or me, beeble? Well I only know about me. First of all, I think a sweater is not meant to be tucked into jeans or any other bottom-wear. I have never understood the tucking in of a t-shirt only to expose a belt buckle. But, I am a stupid Poodle Girl, so what do I know. My uniform consists of an untucked top over skinny jeans or straight-leg jeans. For dress, I wear nice black pants. I am not an animal. I am a poodle, after all. I do understand and obey the rules of fashion.
beeble's fashion rules:
  5. Before you leave the house, take one thing off, just make sure it is not a major piece of clothing, like a blouse
Given with love, beeble

I firmly follow number 6 but I take my fashion advise from my dapper tuxedo cats! They approve of black and white but not tucked sweaters!

beeble's fashion rules:
Given with love, beeble

it
I don't tuck either. I maybe last tucked a decade ago. I don't know what boyfriend jeans are. Like you Beeble, I wear flared or loose tops over narrow (generally black) pants.

Regarding the "take one thing off" well, that was Chanel's dictum, as you well know. A famous picture of her is where she's perhaps in her 70s, wearing a hat, and draped in multiple strands of pearls. The effect is that she's loaded with jewelry. I personally like that look but it requires a lot of neck strength. I bet she took off a load after the pix was snapped. And, more to the point, she's not acknowledging (except via that pix) that there are different rules for different age groups. I'm sure she loved wearing those pearls, many strands probably came from her various lovers. And, they are a measure of her life accomplishment -- she probably bought some very fine strands of her own. (Maybe even from impoverished Russian aristocrats living in Paris).

it
I don't tuck either. I maybe last tucked a decade ago. I don't know what boyfriend jeans are. Like you Beeble, I wear flared or loose tops over narrow (generally black) pants.

Regarding the "take one thing off" well, that was Chanel's dictum, as you well know. A famous picture of her is where she's perhaps in her 70s, wearing a hat, and draped in multiple strands of pearls. The effect is that she's loaded with jewelry. I personally like that look but it requires a lot of neck strength. I bet she took off a load after the pix was snapped. And, more to the point, she's not acknowledging (except via that pix) that there are different rules for different age groups. I'm sure she loved wearing those pearls, many strands probably came from her various lovers. And, they are a measure of her life accomplishment -- she probably bought some very fine strands of her own. (Maybe even from impoverished Russian aristocrats living in Paris).
Well, M's eagle, Mlle Chanel's big social experiment, as you well know, is the fact that she mixed her fine jewelry with her how, you say, FAKE and as expensive as real, jewelry. I always had a problem with Chanel fak-o pearls, because they are made to look fake and they could really knock out a real pearl by weight alone, because they are glass. They could probably knock out a tooth. I happen to like cultured pearls. To me to mix costume ( fashion) jewelry with fine jewelry is a lot like wearing copper with rose gold. You all know what happens when you wear copper....

I have too many rules.
My sainted mother was too mean to me.
eagle, we've met, right?

beeble

Reactions: Hermes24Fbg
YAY for completed bathrooms, EB!!! Will you and/or DH be talking turkey about reducing the final bill, or are you so glad to see the back of these guys it isn't worth the hassle?
And the stupidity and selfishness of which people are capable never ceases to disappoint me. Your colleague is an idiot. Yes, I think you should talk to HR and HR should talk to her. Ridiculous behavior. Hope you continue to be well. :heart:

CK, You and Mr. Hot Cars are a joy to see!!!!

Drum roll everyone....
The bathrooms are DONE!!! A couple of minor things are left. But I paid everything but $1,000 to ensure that they finish the odds and ends. A new sink drain plug needs to be ordered and some sanding and painting in the basement needs to be done, and one vent cover needs to be replaced. But that's it. I'll take some pics and post them soon.

DH and I went out for tacos, mojitos and margaritas to celebrate.

It's been a long week at work too.
On Monday, a co-worker came into my office with Norovirus. She had been throwing up all weekend. Came in to the office threw up twice and went to the doctor where said virus was confirmed. I used the same bathroom as the woman directly after her. I was really scared that I'd pick up the virus because it's incredibly contagious. Though I washed my hands, I handled the faucet handles and the exit door handle. I read on the CDC website that the incubation period is 12 to 48 hours. So I did not eat yesterday. And I worked from 8:30am to 7:30pm. By the time I got home I had a splitting headache. But concluded, I probably was not going to get the virus, so I ate dinner.

I am going to talk to HR about separating sick time and PTO. This woman came into the office to preserve her vacation time. It was totally irresponsible. We have people in our office who have newborn babies.

I can't wait until the middle of September. That's when things will begin to slow down.

EB, how does time off work at your office? How many PTO days would each person have?

eagle, I do think of Coco Chanel as dripping with pearls, with the matchy-matchy tweed suit, probably a brooch, the hat, etc., etc. It has always amused me that she is the source of that iconic "remove one item" quote. I don't think she practiced it herself--that advice was for us plebes.