Travel Sydney Australia - what to buy there

GuyinTPF

Jan 20, 2011
Hi all, I am heading to Sydney this week and want to buy some gifts for my gf. I want to buy Australian brand products (Australia made if possible). It seems like skincare products are the way to go. Are there any other things/brands that girls like that I can buy there? Many thanks all!

AESOP skincare products are very nice and, I think, a fair bit cheaper here (Aus) than elsewhere. Sydney also has some great boutiques with some Australian designer offerings (eg around Paddington).

Reactions: Brits'n'Pieces
Thank you for all your suggestions! :smile:
Edit - I think UGG Australia is a US brand unless I actually go for ugg boots but not sure which Australia brand is good.
For skincare, I was thinking of Aesop, Grown Alchemist, Jojoba and Sodashi (although I have no idea on which is good for what skin! haha).
Thanks for suggestion on Australian designers :smile:

Dare I sound rude, don't even bother with UGG. Most of their stuff isn't even made here in Australia!

As for recommendations...
My favourite Australian clothing label is Wheels & Dollbaby,
I highly recommend a visit to their store in Surry Hills, and whilst your in the area you may as well pop into Gelato Messina for a sugar hit!
A majority of Dollbaby clothing is designed and made here in Australia, check out their website http://www.wheelsanddollbaby.com/
As for skincare I'll second the opinions above on Aesop! I swear by their range.

Hope this helps! x

Hi all, I am heading to Sydney this week and want to buy some gifts for my gf. I want to buy Australian brand products (Australia made if possible). It seems like skincare products are the way to go. Are there any other things/brands that girls like that I can buy there? Many thanks all!

If you're still in Australia, check out RM Williams boots.