Sydney Australia - what to buy there

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, I am heading to Sydney this week and want to buy some gifts for my gf. I want to buy Australian brand products (Australia made if possible). It seems like skincare products are the way to go. Are there any other things/brands that girls like that I can buy there? Many thanks all!

2. Hi!
    How about UGG boots?

E x

3. AESOP skincare products are very nice and, I think, a fair bit cheaper here (Aus) than elsewhere. Sydney also has some great boutiques with some Australian designer offerings (eg around Paddington).

Brits'n'Pieces likes this.
  4. That's true! And what about Australian designers? Ellery, Willow, Tony Maticevski..?

5. Thank you for all your suggestions! :smile:
    Edit - I think UGG Australia is a US brand unless I actually go for ugg boots but not sure which Australia brand is good.
    For skincare, I was thinking of Aesop, Grown Alchemist, Jojoba and Sodashi (although I have no idea on which is good for what skin! haha).
    Thanks for suggestion on Australian designers :smile:

6. A beautiful opal

7. Dare I sound rude, don't even bother with UGG. Most of their stuff isn't even made here in Australia!

As for recommendations...
    My favourite Australian clothing label is Wheels & Dollbaby,
    I highly recommend a visit to their store in Surry Hills, and whilst your in the area you may as well pop into Gelato Messina for a sugar hit!
    A majority of Dollbaby clothing is designed and made here in Australia, check out their website http://www.wheelsanddollbaby.com/
    As for skincare I'll second the opinions above on Aesop! I swear by their range.

Hope this helps! x

8. You're right. UGG is owned by Deckers, a California-based company.

Brits'n'Pieces likes this.
  9. If you're still in Australia, check out RM Williams boots.