Saw a fakey and nearly tossed my cookies

I always love to spot FAKE bags and it helps me improve my ability (lol) but I never comments on it.

I always see people carrying Fakes in the original boutique(s) and it made me feel they are very ............ (if they know their bags are fake)

PS: Ann , in this photo you look so young as always and your daughter is a good looking girl too. I rarely seen American or Eupopean women look younger than their ages (lol).

Awww you are so sweet. Might just be good lighting. :P

OMG Ann, I had a "sad" experience at Target recently. I was carrying my Fuschia Neo Speedy when a lady with a very obvious fake blue one approached me. She says (in a loud voice): Oh, I love your pink "Louie Vatton"....they didn't have any pink where I bought mine....only blue." Then she asks: "Is the pink more expensive than blue? Did you get it downtown or somewhere else?" "I wish they had matching wallets because I would buy one right away. I've only seen the brown ones with the yellow initials downtown."

I only told her I purchased mine at the LV boutique. So then she asked: "Is that boutique downtown?" and I just said I bought it at the LV boutique in North Carolina.

To tell you the truth, I felt sorry for her. I don't think she had a clue about anything Louis Vuitton.

Counterfeits are illegal merchandise. Illegal to manufacture and illegal to sell. Period.

I never said they weren't. But there are people out there walking around who may not know their bag is counterfeit and shouldn't be publicly humiliated for that ignorance. It could have been a gift, she could have been duped by a trashy retailer, or anything.

LOL. Actually, people DO have the right to carry what they want and be as happy about it as they want to be. Always remember that others don't do things to please us, they do it to please themselves. It's not good that she was carrying a fake, but the price of her bag is irrelevant, and she shouldn't be treated rudely because her bag didn't cost a lot of money. If anyone sees a stranger just standing there, carrying a bag that she surely likes as much as someone else likes their expensive one, we don't know her situation and she shouldn't be judged or poked fun of. Making rude comments so she can hear? That goes too far.

^^Nicely put. Ask yourself...Does it make you feel better to make others feel worse? So some people can drop $2K on a bag and not blink...others simply can't.... or WON'T. Live and let live.....NEXT!!!

I feel really strongly, like you, against fakes, replicas, knock-offs, etc. I cannot stomach the idea that people who carry fakes parade around as if they are carrying the real thing.

This past week I saw so many fakes: a white MC Looping with white "leather" at Nordstroms, a Monogram bag that was a cross between a Theda and a Keepall (boy, that was a monstrosity) at my son's high school, a blue denim with fake croc at TJMaxx (that was hideous), and a white MC shaped like a Vernis Summit Drive or something like that at Macy's (yuck, that was horrible as well!).

I didn't say anything to these people, of course, but I wish I could lecture them on the evils and perils of fakes. Sigh!

fakes are rampant... what can you do? sometimes, it seems like more people have fakes (some of whom are oblivious to the fact that theirs are fake, and others who just don't care) than real ones, but you should just be glad you have the opportunity to own the real thing. when i see fakes, i don't make comments to the person. i just quietly point it out to my boyfriend, who may or may not have already noticed and pointed it out to me, anyway.

Well, I met my brother's future mother-in law for the first time the other day. The first thing I noticed was her very fake "Noe". The sad part is that she thinks it's very authentic.:confused1: My sister and I, who only carry authentic bags, couldn't stop talking about it. When we mentioned it to our mom she quickly said, "well don't tell her because she thinks it's real". Apparently she had gone to LV at Saks to look at the bag and was going to buy it but was convinced by some mall vendor in Vegas to by his "authentic-direct from factory one" for $600. :nogood:Obviously she doesn't know much about LV and just thought she was getting a great deal. :mad: The bag is awful, satin lining, leather looks like vinyl, mono bottom, nothing is aligned right. :throwup: We just kept our mouths shut as our mom suggested. She just starred at our bags and never said anything so we didn't either. Besides, she seemed like the kind of person that would get very angry.:cursing: Truly sad. I agree that one shouldn't humiliate those who wear fakes but it does not take away from the fact that fakes are bad. Especially when someone spends there hard earned money with the perception that they are buying a real bag. Just wish everyone knew about The Purse Forum, counterfeiters would be out of business.:tup:

There are too many fake bags out there and it is SO sad to see people are buying and carrying them around. I have seen people with fake MC Bucket, Neo Speedy, Mahanttan PM, and countless nameless monogram bags. I can't speak for those who carry fake bags as they probably don't understand why we spend so much $$$ on authentic bags either. :sad:

Well, I met my brother's future mother-in law for the first time the other day. The first thing I noticed was her very fake "Noe". The sad part is that she thinks it's very authentic.:confused1: My sister and I, who only carry authentic bags, couldn't stop talking about it. When we mentioned it to our mom she quickly said, "well don't tell her because she thinks it's real". Apparently she had gone to LV at Saks to look at the bag and was going to buy it but was convinced by some mall vendor in Vegas to by his "authentic-direct from factory one" for $600. :nogood:Obviously she doesn't know much about LV and just thought she was getting a great deal. :mad: The bag is awful, satin lining, leather looks like vinyl, mono bottom, nothing is aligned right. :throwup: We just kept our mouths shut as our mom suggested. She just starred at our bags and never said anything so we didn't either. Besides, she seemed like the kind of person that would get very angry.:cursing: Truly sad. I agree that one shouldn't humiliate those who wear fakes but it does not take away from the fact that fakes are bad. Especially when someone spends there hard earned money with the perception that they are buying a real bag. Just wish everyone knew about The Purse Forum, counterfeiters would be out of business.:tup:

I agree it's probably best not to tell her - but then again I feel bad for her thinking she has the real thing! I would have a hard time saying anything because, like I said, it's just not my style. But it's all just so wrong and people are making so much money off of other people's ignorance!

i do not like fake bags , i only carry the real deal. but for a long time , esp when i was in my teens, i did not understand what goes behind a fake. many times we went to canal st and bought fake ones just b/c we really liked a certain style. now that i can afford to buy a $2K bag , I understand that it is wrong to carry a fake. I think most ppl buy the bag b/c they can not afford the real one , but truly do not understnd the entire sweat shop thing. i no longer shop canal street. i once heard a horrible story about a hermes sweat shop where they had 7 yrs working there. i refuse to enable that industry. however there are others out there that just see it as a bag. my SIL carries fakes and i tell her all the time, stop wasting hundreds on 2-3 fake bags and poll that $ together and get yourself on really nice bag. she finally bought herself the mono speedy 30.. hallelujah!! i agree that we should not make rude remakers to those carrying the fakes , we do not know there situation. would you call someone out b/c they had on a fake diamond ? no right , then why do it with a bag. It's not nice , plus it makes us look like snots . i'm sure ppl already think that about us b/c we carry expensive things.