Love cuff sizing

• Thread starter Deleted member 416842
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 416842

Hello Ladies,
Its been so wonderful to read and view all beautiful jewelry here on Cartier forum.
I have a Cartier yellow gold cuff in size 18 and after drastic weight loss I am more of size 16 now.
Is there a way that my cuff can be resized. I dont think I can buy a new one at current prices.
Alternatively if there is safe and reliable jewelry trade in places?
I am in London, UK.
Thanks for your opinion and replies..

Hi,

I wear a size 19 YG Love bracelet. It's comfortable and I was told by Cartier that 19 is my size. I'm thinking about purchasing a WG Love cuff, but I'm not sure which size would be ideal.

My thinking is that I should get a size 18 cuff because I'd want it to be a little more snug since it could theoretically slip off and I wouldn't want it to ever flip around on my wrist. I can flip my Love bracelet around my wrist with relative ease, but it doesn't do it on its own. I'm worried that an 18 might be too tight, though, especially since I'm going to have to actually slide it on and off my arm instead of unscrewing it.

Does anyone have experience with this? People who own both a Love bracelet and Love cuff, do you wear them in different sizes or the same size? All input is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi all I'm needing some advice on sizing for the love cuff. I went to the boutique and tried on a 17 and it was a bit big and I felt like the cuff could fall off if I wasn't paying attention. I then tried to get the 16 ok but that was impossible. It was too small unfortunately for me to get on. I want to get the cuff because I don't like sleeping or working or working out with jewelry on. I also tried the juste un clou but think it's a bit too trendy for me. I don't know what to do and would appreciate any thoughts on sizing. Thanks!

The cuff fits more snug. If the 17 felt like it would fall off then the 16 is your size. You should rotate it sideways and put in on from the side. This is the smallest part of anyone's wrists and then adjust it on. The first time I put my sixteen on I felt like I was forcing it and my wrist was a little red and I have very small wrists. But it really is all in how you put it on. Once you get it, it gives a little as well. Good luck to you!

The cuff fits more snug. If the 17 felt like it would fall off then the 16 is your size. You should rotate it sideways and put in on from the side. This is the smallest part of anyone's wrists and then adjust it on. The first time I put my sixteen on I felt like I was forcing it and my wrist was a little red and I have very small wrists. But it really is all in how you put it on. Once you get it, it gives a little as well. Good luck to you!

Thanks. I will make another trip to the boutique. I tried getting it on where my wrist is smallest and the sa didn't want to hurt me so she didn't try. I feel like if I took off a sweater while wearing the size 17 it would come off.

Hmm, I tried the cuffs and the sizing was weird on me. I found getting it on and off like this video was the easiest, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6QwykAo7w

I got a little welt the first time, but I found the snugger the cuff, the better for me. Keep in mind though swelling in warmer climates... I would try to see if the 17 would fall off your arm and if it doesn't (which I'd hope not) I'd go for that. If not, the 16 definitely.

Hmm, I tried the cuffs and the sizing was weird on me. I found getting it on and off like this video was the easiest, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6QwykAo7w

I got a little welt the first time, but I found the snugger the cuff, the better for me. Keep in mind though swelling in warmer climates... I would try to see if the 17 would fall off your arm and if it doesn't (which I'd hope not) I'd go for that. If not, the 16 definitely.

Wow that is amazing! I had no idea that this is how you put on cuffs! Thank you! Yeah the 17 was big. I'm going to try this technique and see what happens. I tried the juste un clou in 16 and it was the perfect size so I think I am a 16.

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at the love collection, but can't stand to wear jewelry at home or when I run (and I run a lot) so thought the love cuff would be the best option. But if I move my arm enough, the size 16 cuff can fall off. Of course, I can't imagine shaking my wrist/arm that much, but it would always weigh on my mind.

So maybe I should get the bangle version? If so, I'd want one that I can slip off my hand. The size 16 bangle slips up about halfway to my elbow. I didn't think to try to slip my hand out of it, but I don't think I could. But if I went up a size to a 17, the movement up and down my arm would drive me crazy. Size 17 looks extremely loose on me.

Or do you think I should just stick with the 16 cuff or should I just give up and look elsewhere? I can't fathom having any jewelry on 24/7. I can barely stand wearing gloves when I run in the cold or a running watch. I can't imagine putting a headband/elastic over a bracelet when running.

If I should drop it, do you have any suggestions for something similar to the love cuff but for a smaller wrist?

Why not something custom in 18k gold that fits you perfect, is easy to take off and then is completely unique as well!

I know the Love is an iconic bracelet, but there are so many other options and your only limit is your imagination. Plus you'll get way more gold for your money and less depreciation :smile:

I was thinking of purchasing a pre owned JUC because I love the simplistic design, the crossover section on the arm and the fact it's easily removable. But as I've gotten closer to being able to purchase one, I've realised I don't really have an affinity with the actual design. And although the brand name is impressive and has a rich history, it's not really personal to me. There are hundreds of thousands of Loves and JUCs all over the world and I think I discovered the brand name wasn't the most important thing to me. It was having the perfectly designed bracelet.

So I'm having a custom bracelet made by a sculptor in the US in solid gold and diamonds :smile: Might an idea like this interest you?

Reactions: Purrsey