The PurseForum Revamped. An Introduction.

I believe the current setting is 1200x1200 pixels or 5MB in file size. Do you know the dimensions or file size you are attempting to upload?

I don't know the exact size but it's just a regular picture taken with my iPhone. I have tried several different ones (planned on doing a reveal!) but they all fail because they are too large. I think the App allowed us to change the resolution as we were uploading the pictures but I can't seem to find a similar option on the mobile site. That's kind of a big deal if we can't upload iPhone pics easily!

is there a way to change the font? or the size of the font? it´s really hard to read for me.
also where do I find all my subscribed threads? "Watched threads" show me threads I haven't subscribed to

Globally there is no way to change the font size. It is different but try it out for a bit and I think it will get a bit more comfortable after a while.

As for subscribed threads, watched threads is the equivalent. If they are showing threads you didnt subscribe to that is indeed odd. Im not sure I have an explanation for that.

I don't know the exact size but it's just a regular picture taken with my iPhone. I have tried several different ones (planned on doing a reveal!) but they all fail because they are too large. I think the App allowed us to change the resolution as we were uploading the pictures but I can't seem to find a similar option on the mobile site. That's kind of a big deal if we can't upload iPhone pics easily!

I agree entirely. We may need to tweak this to work with the average phone photo dimensions. Ill pass this along to Vlad asap.

Globally there is no way to change the font size. It is different but try it out for a bit and I think it will get a bit more comfortable after a while.

As for subscribed threads, watched threads is the equivalent. If they are showing threads you didnt subscribe to that is indeed odd. Im not sure I have an explanation for that.
thehe, okay. I´ll just give it a try. I dont want to miss TPF any longer!

Maybe I just "unsubscribe" to those threads. but good to know that "watched threads" is the right tool

Reactions: Audentio
While it's great that things have been moved to a more stable, fully-featured platform, it's unfortunate that everything was made "pretty" at the cost of usability. Meh.
It is my belief, and Im sure Vlad/Megs belief as well, that good design is both pretty but functional as well. The goal here is to be as functional and easy to use as possible.

As a designer, I would say that functionality leads aesthetics, particularly when it comes to information tools.
Everything here has been approached from a user-centric perspective. I make no claim to any value as to what should be more functional or aesthetic, as I believe them to be fundamentally tied together as a unified quality. I am of course open to specifics, as we want this to be a tool the community enjoys and agrees with.

I know I will get used to this change and love it soon, but like every other major update I am slightly huffy and disoriented, longing for the safety of the familiar. This old dog finds it hard learn new tricks quickly. lol

Thank you Vlad & Megs for keeping up with the times and dragging this reluctant old biddy forward, too.

I totally agree with you. - being so familiar with any other previous layout it takes time to get used to.

ps. Just testing out this new reply feature... Turns out it is the old quote feature!