Gucci Belt Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

forever.elise

Jan 7, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have a Gucci belt bag that I got in 2005. I know at that time a website called eLuxury existed and that's actually where you would buy Louis Vuitton before they got their own website. I'm not sure if I bought the Gucci belt bag on that site, or another, and now after a decade has passed I'm questioning its authenticity.
I have not used this in probably seven or 8 years, and I'm just trying to see if I can sell it.
I did post in the "Authenticate my Gucci" section, but for some reason my post has been ignored for several days now (over three) and I even bumped it. Other posters have been replied to, so I don't know why no one has said something about mine.
I know even on the authenticate thread there is a disclaimer saying that no one is a professional or has any license to do authenticating, but just have lots of shopping experience when it comes to a certain brand.
If ANYONE has any opinions, I would greatly appreciate them. I read that Gucci serial numbers can have 10-13 numbers, and mine has 10. Other people's bag's I've seen recently have 6 on top and 6 on the bottom, and also that's what my other Gucci bag has that I bought from Saks more recently.
NOTE: This bag belongs to me, and I took all the pictures. Also, I accidentally ripped the zipper pull off the front pocket when I was being too aggressive with it.
Ok, here goes...
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224010.757271.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224033.100285.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224045.363486.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224058.378371.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224071.301548.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224093.587708.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224110.787529.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224147.578284.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1465224163.848203.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I can't authenticate for you. I"m gonna guess based upon my personal resale experience that you won't get much for it. However, do you have a local high end consignment shop? I have 2 high end shops nearby that can authenticate and give a selling price. Not sure if you are looking to eBay it or consign or what. Perhaps someone else on here can help.

Good luck. I remember eluxury and bought many bags on-line from them!

Sorry I can't authenticate for you. I"m gonna guess based upon my personal resale experience that you won't get much for it. However, do you have a local high end consignment shop? I have 2 high end shops nearby that can authenticate and give a selling price. Not sure if you are looking to eBay it or consign or what. Perhaps someone else on here can help.

Good luck. I remember eluxury and bought many bags on-line from them!

Thanks for replying! I am not looking for someone to "authenticate" anything on this post, I am looking for opinions, or anyone else who might be able to compare their bag to mine. I don't use eBay because many, many years ago I thought I was buying a Burberry scarf and realized the seller used the same picture from Burberry's website, and I got a fake! There is a consignment shop near me that I will probably take it to. Just wanted to have a better understanding of my bag. Thank you again. I hope if others can help they will chime in, too.

Hi everyone,
I have a Gucci belt bag that I got in 2005. I know at that time a website called eLuxury existed and that's actually where you would buy Louis Vuitton before they got their own website. I'm not sure if I bought the Gucci belt bag on that site, or another, and now after a decade has passed I'm questioning its authenticity.
I have not used this in probably seven or 8 years, and I'm just trying to see if I can sell it.
I did post in the "Authenticate my Gucci" section, but for some reason my post has been ignored for several days now (over three) and I even bumped it. Other posters have been replied to, so I don't know why no one has said something about mine.
I know even on the authenticate thread there is a disclaimer saying that no one is a professional or has any license to do authenticating, but just have lots of shopping experience when it comes to a certain brand.
If ANYONE has any opinions, I would greatly appreciate them. I read that Gucci serial numbers can have 10-13 numbers, and mine has 10. Other people's bag's I've seen recently have 6 on top and 6 on the bottom, and also that's what my other Gucci bag has that I bought from Saks more recently.
NOTE: This bag belongs to me, and I took all the pictures. Also, I accidentally ripped the zipper pull off the front pocket when I was being too aggressive with it.
Ok, here goes...
View attachment 3374616
View attachment 3374617View attachment 3374618View attachment 3374619
View attachment 3374620
View attachment 3374622
View attachment 3374624View attachment 3374625View attachment 3374627

I had the same bag and from what I recall, it looks exactly like yours. (I got mine from gucci retail). I sold it to Vaunte and made $200 off it last year. Hope this helps!

This is one of the most copied (faked) gucci models ever

We ask members do not start new threads for the purposes of authentication. If mugenprincess wants you help you on the ATG thread and confirm one way or other whether your bag is authentic or fake that is up to her, she is of course welcome. Many authenticators do not authenticate for sellers, it is their prerogative.

I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone selling counterfeits is illegal. If I had something to sell and I wasn't sure about it, I'd take it to a paid service that would provide written adjudication.

Status
Not open for further replies.