Chanel price in Hawaii is cheaper?

I'm heading to Hawaii next week- can you tell me what the stock was like in the stores there? Was there a lot to choose from? Thanks :smile:

There are 2 Chanel boutiques - one in the Ala Moana Sopping Center and one on Kalakaua. From what I saw, both boutiques were well stocked. Ala Moana had many totes and some classics, and Kalakaua had classics and some boys. Sorry I'm not more helpful... I was on a mission and had tunnel vision! Aloha and have a great trip! :smile:

There are 2 Chanel boutiques - one in the Ala Moana Sopping Center and one on Kalakaua. From what I saw, both boutiques were well stocked. Ala Moana had many totes and some classics, and Kalakaua had classics and some boys. Sorry I'm not more helpful... I was on a mission and had tunnel vision! Aloha and have a great trip! :smile:

Thanks! Sounds like I'll have no trouble finding something to buy!

Chells, You got a so black in Hawaii! How lucky, I am travelling from Australia to Hawaiinext week, we didn't get the so black in Perth, hopefully they have more :smile:

Last edited:
Starlight just realised your from Australia too! Shame about the exchange rate for us :tdown:

Yeah the $ is a bit disappointing, it's gone down even more side I returned from Hawaii! But I got a lovely black CC Crave flap, so I'm happy :smile:

There was quite a lot to choose from, hope you get something great!

Yeah the $ is a bit disappointing, it's gone down even more side I returned from Hawaii! But I got a lovely black CC Crave flap, so I'm happy :smile:

There was quite a lot to choose from, hope you get something great!
Ohh lucky you! I'm not sure what I want tbh I would love a so black but I don't think I would be that lucky. Enjoy your new bag

can someone please confirm that price of the GST in Hawaii? It is $2900 as per mainland? I had read somewhere on the forum that it was cheaper than the mainland but wanted to check if that is the case.

Yes, the prices are slightly higher than in Mainland, ie, the price of Jumbo here is 5000 instead of $4900. However, our tax rate is lower which is 4.712% so if you calculate with tax, they come out the same. IMO

Some prices are actually lower than the the mainland, not many but a few, i.e. the Cerf tote which is $2850 in both boutiques - Waikiki and Ala Moana as compared to $3000 but when I went to buy my GST 2 years ago both the GST and PST were at least $150 higher. As Dreamalnd111 said, our taxes are only 4.723% so that helps so just know your prices on the mainland to compare. You can always call them and ask them what their prices are. I went in and purchased the elastic tote and found out that I paid $100 more than the price on the mainland so I should have done my homework.
If they are cheaper on the mainland I order from Bloomingdales if they have it and have it shipped thus cheaper price and no tax since we don't have Bloomingdales here (yet). I have also ordered from Saks and have it sent to my co-worker at work as a gift to avoid taxes. HTH

Does anyone know the Chanel price in Hawaii (not only the bags, but also like earrings or shoes )? How does it compare to US mainland? Some people say they bought cheaper cc earrings or card holders, some say all the chanel price are the same with US mainland.I will go to Hawaii for a conference, if the price is cheaper, i may spend one or two more day at Hawaii do some shopping. Really need help from experienced chanel lovers.

There are some things cheaper. I know that the classic flap is actually more expensive in Hawaii though (5700 vs 5500 on the continental US). I think costume jewelry is the same. But some wallets and fine jewelry, including watches is definitely cheaper in Hawaii. It all depends on what item you're looking for

i think this was just recently covered in another thread? the prices can be lower on some select items. Hawaii's biggest tourist population is from Japan/Asia, so their pricing can sometimes reflect the Asian market. the tax is also very low in Hawaii, it is slightly over 3%, so even if the item you like is priced the same as on the mainland you will pay less for everything overall b/c of the low tax rate. unless you happen to live in a tax-free state yourself.