Chanel price in Hawaii is cheaper?

Thanks for the tips! I'm actually staying in Maui for a bit longer as I am attending a wedding there... are there any recommended shopping in Maui?? TIA! :smile:

Maui's more upscale shopping center in in Wailea-Gucci, Tiffany, LV, other boutiques and high end restaurants like Ruths' Chris.

The other shopping center that had Chanel back in the day is Whaler's Village-now there's LV and some other stores-there's a nice watch store with Rolex, Chanel, Panerai...but Chanel is gone from Maui.

The mall is okay, Macy's is the biggest department store. Oahu's Ala Moana mall is definitely more upscale and is a lot larger than the shopping on Maui. Just walking along Waikiki there are tons of upscale shops...

Hey Girls! Just got back from Hawaii and got something from chanel. Gotta love the tax rate in Hawaii :smile: 26th bday gift from the bf.

Attachments

• chanel earrings.JPG
    chanel earrings.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,506
I'm going to Oahu next month (first time, so excited!!!) and I've been planning on getting my first designer bags there. So it seems from this thread that the general consensus is both bags are cheaper tax-wise than the mainland (I'm from CA) but the downside is you won't be added to Chanel's system.

Any other tips? How exactly do you purchase a Chanel bag? I was in Vegas over the weekend and the SA was saying something about putting your name on the reserve list. Does that mean I can't call ahead at a Honolulu Chanel and pick it up when I get there? Sorry for the questions, and thanks in advance :smile:

I'm going to Oahu next month (first time, so excited!!!) and I've been planning on getting my first designer bags there. So it seems from this thread that the general consensus is both bags are cheaper tax-wise than the mainland (I'm from CA) but the downside is you won't be added to Chanel's system.

Any other tips? How exactly do you purchase a Chanel bag? I was in Vegas over the weekend and the SA was saying something about putting your name on the reserve list. Does that mean I can't call ahead at a Honolulu Chanel and pick it up when I get there? Sorry for the questions, and thanks in advance :smile:

Some bags were cheaper in Hawaii compare to mainland. I know that the non classic bags were cheaper but the classic were a little more. Chanel shoes however are ALOT cheaper compare to mainland. Im sure you can call and put ur name down but i dont think you have too because they had ALOT of classic bags on display and was very busy, there were a lot of Japanese tourist and they all seem to be paying with cash so it took longer to get help. Hope this helps :smile:

Jujubay said:
Some bags were cheaper in Hawaii compare to mainland. I know that the non classic bags were cheaper but the classic were a little more. Chanel shoes however are ALOT cheaper compare to mainland. Im sure you can call and put ur name down but i dont think you have too because they had ALOT of classic bags on display and was very busy, there were a lot of Japanese tourist and they all seem to be paying with cash so it took longer to get help. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks for the info! Since it'll be my first (maybe only???) Chanel handbag, I'm going to a classic style… thinking maybe a black medium-sized handbag in caviar, still going back and forth between the classic and the reissue :smile:

Thanks for the info! Since it'll be my first (maybe only???) Chanel handbag, I'm going to a classic style… thinking maybe a black medium-sized handbag in caviar, still going back and forth between the classic and the reissue :smile:

I don't have a classic med/large but I do have a black maxi and a black 227. Between those two I use my reissue more, maxi too heavy. You can never go wrong with black :smile:

Jujubay said:
Hey Girls! Just got back from Hawaii and got something from chanel. Gotta love the tax rate in Hawaii :smile: 26th bday gift from the bf.

If you don't mind me asking, what size are these ones & how much were they? Also did you get them from the boutique or fine jewelry store? Thank you! (:

Aloha - I am in Honolulu now and got the So Black Jumbo my first day here - yay! The price was $100 more than in CA, but the sales tax was 4.71% vs 8.75% so I ended up paying less. I highly recommend the store on Kalakaua, they were so down to earth and friendly.

Aloha - I am in Honolulu now and got the So Black Jumbo my first day here - yay! The price was $100 more than in CA, but the sales tax was 4.71% vs 8.75% so I ended up paying less. I highly recommend the store on Kalakaua, they were so down to earth and friendly.
I thought all the high-end brands were in DFS Galleria?

I'm heading to Hawaii next week- can you tell me what the stock was like in the stores there? Was there a lot to choose from? Thanks :smile: