Chanel ruined my WOC! Advise please

sparkle12

Dec 13, 2011
Hi all I'm hoping you can help me decide what to do about my WOC. I took into the NYC boutique because one small piece of the leather in the chain had become split into two and was dangling off. Instead of fixing just that piece of the leather, they recommended changing the entire chain AND all the leather woven throughout. Now I feel like the chain they've put on is subpar. The links keep getting stuck to each other and won't fall right. Also the leather they used looks cheap and tacky. It's much thinner and looks shiny. In addition you can see where the leather stops and starts because there is a gap on the two links and there is also a loose thread (pic 3&4). Can someone take a look at the before (pic 5 with entire bag) and after pics and let me know if I'm overreacting please. I'm freaking out because I'm sure you all know how hard it is to find a black WOC, and it was also in the limited edition matte gold hardware. If you agree that it looked better before, how would you suggest I go about getting this fixed? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248614.095841.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248626.697252.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248637.093605.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248646.188472.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248863.644720.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all I'm hoping you can help me decide what to do about my WOC. I took into the NYC boutique because one small piece of the leather in the chain had become split into two and was dangling off. Instead of fixing just that piece of the leather, they recommended changing the entire chain AND all the leather woven throughout. Now I feel like the chain they've put on is subpar. The links keep getting stuck to each other and won't fall right. Also the leather they used looks cheap and tacky. It's much thinner and looks shiny. In addition you can see where the leather stops and starts because there is a gap on the two links and there is also a loose thread (pic 3&4). Can someone take a look at the before (pic 5 with entire bag) and after pics and let me know if I'm overreacting please. I'm freaking out because I'm sure you all know how hard it is to find a black WOC, and it was also in the limited edition matte gold hardware. If you agree that it looked better before, how would you suggest I go about getting this fixed? View attachment 3345793View attachment 3345794View attachment 3345795View attachment 3345796View attachment 3345799

I can see what you mean by shiny leather. Personally i dont think it looks bad but you should listen to your heart. If youre not happy with it then no your not over reacting. WOCs cost an arm and a leg and if youre not happy with the job they did then you should march back in there and explain your dilemma. Freaking out wont help your situation. If you feel its subpar then go and speak to a SA. It will put your mind at rest. You shouldnt have to settle. Update us if you get it fixed :smile: