Chanel ruined my WOC! Advise please

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Hi all I'm hoping you can help me decide what to do about my WOC. I took into the NYC boutique because one small piece of the leather in the chain had become split into two and was dangling off. Instead of fixing just that piece of the leather, they recommended changing the entire chain AND all the leather woven throughout. Now I feel like the chain they've put on is subpar. The links keep getting stuck to each other and won't fall right. Also the leather they used looks cheap and tacky. It's much thinner and looks shiny. In addition you can see where the leather stops and starts because there is a gap on the two links and there is also a loose thread (pic 3&4). Can someone take a look at the before (pic 5 with entire bag) and after pics and let me know if I'm overreacting please. I'm freaking out because I'm sure you all know how hard it is to find a black WOC, and it was also in the limited edition matte gold hardware. If you agree that it looked better before, how would you suggest I go about getting this fixed? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248614.095841.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248626.697252.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248637.093605.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248646.188472.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462248863.644720.jpg

2. I am sorry Chanel didn't do a good job with your woc, the leather on the chain looks a little different. How old is the woc?

3. I can see what you mean by shiny leather. Personally i dont think it looks bad but you should listen to your heart. If youre not happy with it then no your not over reacting. WOCs cost an arm and a leg and if youre not happy with the job they did then you should march back in there and explain your dilemma. Freaking out wont help your situation. If you feel its subpar then go and speak to a SA. It will put your mind at rest. You shouldnt have to settle. Update us if you get it fixed :smile:

4. I purchased it around April 2014, so about 2 years

5. How much did you pay for the new chain? Repairs are usually free for purses <1year. I would go back to Chanel with pic #5 and show the difference, they should be able to help you. Good luck and keep us posted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice