MIF SLGs *not* sold in France?

keepall89

Oct 2, 2015
Hello team!
I just left Bon Marche in Paris after trying to buy a Zippy Organizer. I would have bought it, except that I am a snob and wanted it MIF.
The SA said they do not sell MIF SLG in Paris.
This does not sound right. Is this true?

Hello team!
I just left Bon Marche in Paris after trying to buy a Zippy Organizer. I would have bought it, except that I am a snob and wanted it MIF.

It's probably made in Spain. I think they outsourced it there as Spain and Italy are bigger on leather than France. Instead of importing it into France they have factories there. Like Chanel makes their jumbos in Italy now bc of the leather..... I Don't know how I feel about it all but it's better than coming from Timbuktu I suppose..

Hello team!

I just bought several items in Paris last week. All were made in France except my wallet which was MIS.

I was just in Paris a week ago. I bought an epi Clemence from LV on the Champs-Elysées and it is MIF. I think that SA was perhaps hoping you would just go ahead and buy whatever she had in stock.

Well i immediately bounced off to Galleries Lafayette and asked the SA there- she only had Made in Spain. I'll try Avenue Montaigne tomorrow morning. Maybe they'll be less busy.

And yes, all I saw were made in spain.

Well i immediately bounced off to Galleries Lafayette and asked the SA there- she only had Made in Spain. I'll try Avenue Montaigne tomorrow morning. Maybe they'll be less busy.

And yes, all I saw were made in spain.

Most of the wallets in regular collections are MIS. You may not have a choice in the end. Good luck on your hunt! That's half the fun! And a great way to visit Paris!

The SLGs I bought in Paris last year, only my Emilie was made in Spain. The Sarah, cles, pocket organizer, and the makeup pouch were all made in France. Hmmmm... :thinking: I, too, think it may depend on the particular piece.

I was just in Paris a week ago. I bought an epi Clemence from LV on the Champs-Elysées and it is MIF. I think that SA was perhaps hoping you would just go ahead and buy whatever she had in stock.
This is probably why...I've seen plenty of MIF slg's in Europe. And there are also MIF and MIS slg's in the US. Sometimes I think it's SA's giving bad info so you can just buy the item.