Alicia Vikander

Can't they force feed us an actress who is actually interesting. Aren't actresses allowed to be sexy, shapely, dynamic, powerful, sharp, intelligent and opinionated anymore? Is the new trend in Hollywood for actresses to be so inoffensive, non controversial, nonsexual and acquiescent that when they try to emote powerful feelings, they look like kicked puppies on Mogodon? Are they really touting this bland little thing as being as hot as Angie in her heyday? Really? Really?

What has happened to these Hollywood executives and producers today? Are they so afraid of women who look like women that they go full throttle promoting this tepid little wallflower, who looks like she can't even fight her way out of a thin paper bag without assistance? Does Lara Croft now have to look like a tired, frail, prepubescent Florence Nightingale with a backpack and shorts?

I strongely disagree with your view of Alicia, to me she's all these things "sexy, shapely, dynamic, powerful, sharp, intelligent and opinionated". I have seen all her movies and countless interviews with her and she's one of the interesting actress out there today, and the producers clearly think so too otherwise they would have casted someone else.

Could it be this one in Variety?

I watched this trailer for the 2013 reboot of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kB9cLJZw_I

This character is not all about big boobs and muscles (though she will still need some padding to keep the teenage boys happy) or being fearless. She is a lot more three dimensional and vulnerable.

I think this could suit Alicia really well, and it is a great opportunity. Of course there is always a risk of failure, but she didn’t get this far by playing it safe.

It wasn't the Variety article, but thanks for posting it. I found it again - it was this one:
http://celebmix.com/alicia-vikander-cast-lara-croft-upcoming-tomb-raider-reboot/

Just a high profile part in a movie, it already made some people can't sit still ! lol! You read some of the new posts here, kind of "entertaining". Hehehe

Yeah, very high profile part - not bad for an actress who, according to a select few can't act, has no charisma and relies on her PR boyfriend for success, plus Weinstein to buy her roles, LMAO! These people never give in and accept that Alicia's star is continuing to rise. Their angry comments would be entertaining except that we've heard it all before for over a year! Truth is Alicia is forging a great career for herself on the back of her talent and hard work. She doesn't need help from anyone and has proved herself which is why directors want her in their films. The hate being thrown at her is,as usual, largely from those who aren't happy that she's Michael's girlfriend.

I strongely disagree with your view of Alicia, to me she's all these things "sexy, shapely, dynamic, powerful, sharp, intelligent and opinionated". I have seen all her movies and countless interviews with her and she's one of the interesting actress out there today, and the producers clearly think so too otherwise they would have casted someone else.

Totally agree with all you say!

Yeah, very high profile part - not bad for an actress who, according to a select few can't act, has no charisma and relies on her PR boyfriend for success, plus Weinstein to buy her roles, LMAO! These people never give in and accept that Alicia's star is continuing to rise. Their angry comments would be entertaining except that we've heard it all before for over a year! Truth is Alicia is forging a great career for herself on the back of her talent and hard work. She doesn't need help from anyone and has proved herself which is why directors want her in their films. The hate being thrown at her is,as usual, largely from those who aren't happy that she's Michael's girlfriend.

Very tired of all these repetitive accusations for more than a year already! Now they Continue repeating like a forgetful old granny. Looking forward if they can be more creative and imaginative rather than telling grandmother story again. Hahaha

Well said. Agree with you! Add 3 more "disciplined , focus and smart "

Can't they force feed us an actress who is actually interesting. Aren't actresses allowed to be sexy, shapely, dynamic, powerful, sharp, intelligent and opinionated anymore? Is the new trend in Hollywood for actresses to be so inoffensive, non controversial, nonsexual and acquiescent that when they try to emote powerful feelings, they look like kicked puppies on Mogodon? Are they really touting this bland little thing as being as hot as Angie in her heyday? Really? Really?

What has happened to these Hollywood executives and producers today? Are they so afraid of women who look like women that they go full throttle promoting this tepid little wallflower, who looks like she can't even fight her way out of a thin paper bag without assistance? Does Lara Croft now have to look like a tired, frail, prepubescent Florence Nightingale with a backpack and shorts?

I kind of agree and I am actually a fan of her acting :/

I love her films but her interviews....my goodness. I actually find them to be ideal sleeping material. She has a really nice voice but is unbelievably boring at the same time. Great white noise. She just doesn't have any ooomph. And I saw that bit of her sucking on the dude's finger in the trailer of Tulip Fever. There was nothing hot about it. It was like watching an extremely awkward 14 year trying to be sexy. Cringe.

But I do think she's coming out of her shell a little bit and her interviews are improving. I saw one with Anne Thompson a couple of years ago where she just pissed me off as she was basically giving one word answers. She has improved a lot since then. Hope she continues to do that.

I guess Michael likes watching kettles boil and paint dry then.

Why bring Michael into it? By jumping to defend her by saying Michael likes her you are indirectly saying that she has no other redeeming qualities to stand on. It's like you are saying Michael liking her is the only thing she has going for her. I don't just don't see why need to use him to validate her positive qualities.

Why bring Michael into it? By jumping to defend her by saying Michael likes her you are indirectly saying that she has no other redeeming qualities to stand on. It's like you are saying Michael liking her is the only thing she has going for her. I don't just don't see why need to use him to validate her positive qualities.

Why not bring Michael into it? Most of the crude offensive things written about Alicia are as a direct result of some people not liking the fact that she's his girlfriend. I have great admiration for Alicia and her talent and have enjoyed many of her performances. But you must be aware that a cult of Alicia hate has sprung up as a direct result of she and Michael being a couple. These people refuse to acknowledge her as his girlfriend and slander her in an offensive fashion. Michael is very relevant to this issue for this very reason.

Why not bring Michael into it? Most of the crude offensive things written about Alicia are as a direct result of some people not liking the fact that she's his girlfriend. I have great admiration for Alicia and her talent and have enjoyed many of her performances. But you must be aware that a cult of Alicia hate has sprung up as a direct result of she and Michael being a couple. These people refuse to acknowledge her as his girlfriend and slander her in an offensive fashion. Michael is very relevant to this issue for this very reason.

I'm sure there are some people like that. But there are also a lot of people who aren't fans of her. I was talking to some friends the other day and most didn't know who she was. But of the few that did most didn't find her interesting in any way. Some even had very negative opinions which I won't go into because it's not necessary. But none of them are fans of Michael (they like his films but have no interest in her personal life) and don't care whether they are dating or not.

I get that when you are a fan of someone it's hard to accept that other people might not like them. So it's easy to dismiss them as people who are jealous but a lot of them times that's not the case. A lot of people just don't like her for valid reasons. The person you quoted didn't even mention Michael. Her criticism was purely of Alicia. Not "god what does he see in her". So by bringing him into it you were actually just doing Alicia a disservice because it sounded like she had nothing else to stand on except "Fassbender likes her".

Of course people are free to dislike anyone they like but the amount of energy invested into writing offensively about this one actress by a select few is nearly always motivated by her being Michael's girlfriend. Some of the people who have posted here today, writing negatively about her, have posted here before and made it clear they are not happy about this coupling. So I think it's reasonable to draw the conclusion that their recent posts, whether they mentioned Michael or not, are similarly motivated.