Coca's bayswater

The new Bayswater designs are on the coming soon part of the website.
I am definitely in the dislike camp.
He didn't even rename it!!! How very arrogant.
Can someone upload photos?
Fuuuuuuuudge!!!! The metal part of the postman's lock is no longer visible on the inside. This looks like an attempt to hybridise the Bays with the Celine Luggage. Or Trapeze. The inside and outside is so boring, and I hate the s*&t out of the new postman's lock. Fudgeballs! ( as am not allowed to cuss on here). If they discontinue the classic Bays, I'll be fudging heartbroken. Fudge it. What the fudge is Johnny doing to us :sad:

Fuuuuuuuudge!!!! The metal part of the postman's lock is no longer visible on the inside. This looks like an attempt to hybridise the Bays with the Celine Luggage. Or Trapeze. The inside and outside is so boring, and I hate the s*&t out of the new postman's lock. Fudgeballs! ( as am not allowed to cuss on here). If they discontinue the classic Bays, I'll be fudging heartbroken. Fudge it. What the fudge is Johnny doing to us :sad:
An SA I spoke to said that they won't be discontinuing the original Bayswater. She said that it'll simply be renamed the 'Heritage' Bayswater - I was worried, too! :smile:

I hate the new Bays, it's just a way too big among other things. But I have to say I love the candy pink colour on the smaller one. The new small Bays is also a lot bigger than the REAL small Bays, about same size than an Alexa... The purple is also a very lovely colour! Why on earth they just didn't use those beautiful colours on the old school bags!

Thank you, ladies. Your posts comforted me a bit. Don' t care how they name it ( although i find it cheeky to rename a classic, and give the classic's name to a new spin on said classic, but what do I know about marketing) , as long as it stays. Heritage Bays or whatever they name it, remains Bayswater to me.

I hate the new Bays, it's just a way too big among other things. But I have to say I love the candy pink colour on the smaller one. The new small Bays is also a lot bigger than the REAL small Bays, about same size than an Alexa... The purple is also a very lovely colour! Why on earth they just didn't use those beautiful colours on the old school bags!

The adjustment of the shoulder strap looks weird. Wonder how this is going to work.

The adjustment of the shoulder strap looks weird. Wonder how this is going to work.

Indeed! Besides, I suppose those sides can be tucked in,but do they stay there? I hate bags with wings whether or not they are in fashion. Wings in bags aren't classic in my opinion. And the Bays is, so they just don't fit together.

The only thing I like is the burgundy coloured suede on the inside of the clay version. They should do that on the proper bays too.

I'm afraid only classic colours will be on the proper Bays line... Hope I'm wrong.

I really do hope that the new colours will be on the mini Cara too. The colours are lovely, and of course the suede linings. The new small Bays is actually a very good in-between size Bays. I just don't like the wings.

Last edited:
I don't dislike it as much as I thought I would, but do dislike it. Few thoughts - that oak grain is weird looking, there's no back lock plate - won't the suede on the flap get all mushed up & ruined from opening & closing the lock? The pink & yellow are... erm... brave colours & not for the faint hearted.

I've always thought the success of mulberry was down to appealing to different types of women - you're just as likely to see a student, yummy mummy or woman of a certain age carrying a Bays as you are a fashionista, but this bag suits none of the above - it's not classic enough to suit those of us in the old guard & nowhere near cutting edge enough for the younger crowd. And Is it just me that feels there's aa almost frumpy edge to it (and I say that as an oldie)?