Can anyone help a Hermes newbie confirm a color?

Shoppinmel

Handbag Enthusiast!
O.G.
May 11, 2010
I'd really like to find a bamboo Evelyne for a decent price. I found a listing and the seller is claiming it's bamboo, but I think it might be menthe. They're saying the date stamp is a P, which I guess is 2012. Is it right that bamboo wasn't released in 2012, therefore, this bag would more likely be menthe?

Here's the bag...

Attachments

• evelyne menthe.jpg
    evelyne menthe.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 599
i think it menthe, it has more creamy tone compared to bamboo. however, bamboo came right after menthe so there is an overlap on the time frame. i had bamboo in togo, so can not speak for clemence which this evelyne is made from

Thank you all so much for the help!

It looks like menthe but pictures can be deceiving. Does the seller have a receipt with the color on it or better pictures???

It's a Japanese reseller. No receipt is provided in the listing. There are 8 images and I kind of do feel it looks more menthe than bamboo but it's so hard to tell in photos.

Also, menthe has brown resin whereas bamboo has black 😉 so check the resin colour! 😊

I assume resin is like glazing for LV products? That's really helpful to know that these two colors have different colored resin/glazing! It definitely looks brown to me so I guess it must be menthe!

Attachments

• Screenshot (32).png
    Screenshot (32).png
    367.2 KB · Views: 496
Thank you all so much for the help!

It's a Japanese reseller. No receipt is provided in the listing. There are 8 images and I kind of do feel it looks more menthe than bamboo but it's so hard to tell in photos.

I assume resin is like glazing for LV products? That's really helpful to know that these two colors have different colored resin/glazing! It definitely looks brown to me so I guess it must be menthe!

Yep 😊 This one looks brown!
I love menthe and would love a bag in it 💚

Definitely menthe! In my humble opinion....owning a few items in both menthe and bambou.....I think menthe is the clear winner! They are very similar in real life, so if you like this menthe evie, I say scoop it up and give it a good home!

Definitely menthe! In my humble opinion....owning a few items in both menthe and bambou.....I think menthe is the clear winner! They are very similar in real life, so if you like this menthe evie, I say scoop it up and give it a good home!

It's so hard without being able to see them in person! I've been so drawn to the tone and shade of bamboo from photos. I'm not sure I would love the mintyness of menthe as much but maybe I would?! Do you have good comparison photos you could show me? Pretty please.