New Marc Jacobs New York Line???

I'm so glad I found this thread! I am an LV/Saint Laurent/Chanel lover who has never bought anything from Marc Jacobs. This new line is killing me....mainly that white saddlebag with the guitar strap. Saw it at Nordy's last night, and have been thinking about it ever since!

BTW, the ladies working there told me that MJ will be releasing more straps so that the owner can switch them out. I hope they're right!:smile:

I'm super, super picky about quality, and the bag looked well-made. Trying to decide.....

The quality is amazing, so no worries there! I agree that the white saddle bag is the star of this new collection. I want it too, but bought the shoulder bag in black because I do not trust myself slinging around a white bag. :/

The quality is amazing, so no worries there! I agree that the white saddle bag is the star of this new collection. I want it too, but bought the shoulder bag in black because I do not trust myself slinging around a white bag. :/

Thanks, AtlDesigner.:biggrin: I tend to be pretty careful with my bags, so not as worried about the white...once you've dealt with transfer on LV's DA print, you learn to be careful!

Thanks, AtlDesigner.:biggrin: I tend to be pretty careful with my bags, so not as worried about the white...once you've dealt with transfer on LV's DA print, you learn to be careful!

I just got color transfer on my Saddle bag from my dark blue Paige jeans. Luckily I was able to wipe it off using the Coach leather cleaner. The stain rubbed off with no problems. So please be careful!

I saw this in store! It is blue-green, like teal. I really liked the color and the leather strap (instead of fabric)! They have it at NK :smile:

Seems I have to get to NK again to check it out.....and I'm so very pregnant but what to do, haha.
I mean what's a "little" pain in the hips and the back when there are new bags to spy on
:P

Last edited:
Ohhhh, if you are going there, that would be so nice of you! :smile:
But only of you plan on going there anyway :smile:

I am working close to the central station right now and I will drop by the Bukowskis auction house (close to Stureplan) after work, so I will pass NK (if I want to). And to be honest - I actually want to see that bag once again. It was really nice. What kind of information do you want about it except for color? :smile: any dimensions? some kind of modelling pic? name it and I will try to get it!

I remember how it is to be very very pregnant and still want to "see" things, haha. The worst combination in my opinion! You left you home for 30 min and had to rest for the rest of the day haha.

I am working close to the central station right now and I will drop by the Bukowskis auction house (close to Stureplan) after work, so I will pass NK (if I want to). And to be honest - I actually want to see that bag once again. It was really nice. What kind of information do you want about it except for color? :smile: any dimensions? some kind of modelling pic? name it and I will try to get it!

I remember how it is to be very very pregnant and still want to "see" things, haha. The worst combination in my opinion! You left you home for 30 min and had to rest for the rest of the day haha.

That's exactly how it is, but only 2 weeks to go now, phew :smile:
Lots of time googling handbags right now, hehe

Oh, in that case :smile: I'm 165 cm so if you're somewhat close a modpic would be appreciated :smile:
Also if you could photo it next to the gotham saddle bag for size/style comparison?
And maybe a mod shot on that one as well? :smile:
If you have time that is. :smile:

That's exactly how it is, but only 2 weeks to go now, phew :smile:
Lots of time googling handbags right now, hehe

Oh, in that case :smile: I'm 165 cm so if you're somewhat close a modpic would be appreciated :smile:
Also if you could photo it next to the gotham saddle bag for size/style comparison?
And maybe a mod shot on that one as well? :smile:
If you have time that is. :smile:

Hahaha, this is such a fail. My brain thought it saw the bag in this green but it was the blue!! They don't know if they will get the green one, if they do it will be in June (!!). Good news: you won't be pregnant then...They don't have any bag (or leather thing) in jewel green so I can't take a picture of it. But the bag is lovely! Tried to take some modelling pictures of the blue bag. I am short (155cm) with a tall upper body, so cross body bags fall like I am 10cm taller. So if you exclude my legs I think the length of the strap is true for your body as well!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457712031.258439.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457712050.567130.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457712082.799858.jpg

The strap can be shortened with up to ca 15cm.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457712200.159207.jpg

I tried the small size (the same as in your link). There is a size a little bit bigger (not a huge difference).

Hahaha, this is such a fail. My brain thought it saw the bag in this green but it was the blue!! They don't know if they will get the green one, if they do it will be in June (!!). Good news: you won't be pregnant then...They don't have any bag (or leather thing) in jewel green so I can't take a picture of it. But the bag is lovely! Tried to take some modelling pictures of the blue bag. I am short (155cm) with a tall upper body, so cross body bags fall like I am 10cm taller. So if you exclude my legs I think the length of the strap is true for your body as well!

View attachment 3298948
View attachment 3298949
View attachment 3298950

The strap can be shortened with up to ca 15cm.
View attachment 3298952

I tried the small size (the same as in your link). There is a size a little bit bigger (not a huge difference).

Hahaha, well it happens, my brain does all kinds of messups, I'm blaming pregnancy for the time being ;)

Actually this blue one looks really nice.
Nice colour and the shape and dimensions is perfect.
Thank you for your pictures! :smile:

Hahaha, well it happens, my brain does all kinds of messups, I'm blaming pregnancy for the time being ;)

Actually this blue one looks really nice.
Nice colour and the shape and dimensions is perfect.
Thank you for your pictures! :smile:

I have nothing to blame! :P

It is gorgeous! I really loved that blue one (but green is my favourite color). And the leather feels super nice as well. Not as thick as my classic percy Q but it feels more luxurous :biggrin:

I have nothing to blame! :P

It is gorgeous! I really loved that blue one (but green is my favourite color). And the leather feels super nice as well. Not as thick as my classic percy Q but it feels more luxurous :biggrin:

I actually didn't notice on the webpage that there were different sizes for example, hehe :smile:

It seems to be a very nice shade of navy. Do you remember what colour the glazing was? It looks a little red/ burgundy something(which would be cool) on the pics but that could be the light.

I actually didn't notice on the webpage that there were different sizes for example, hehe :smile:

It seems to be a very nice shade of navy. Do you remember what colour the glazing was? It looks a little red/ burgundy something(which would be cool) on the pics but that could be the light.

Didn't think about the glazing but see it now when you point it out. Really don't know, must be subtle since I didn't notice. But I agree, it looks awesome with red haha.

I actually expected this conversation :P so I took a picture of the two sizes, that are very very similar. No bug difference at all.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457716097.646673.jpg