Leather Surgeons- Cost and Expectations

I've gotten several bags fixed by Gerry and they come back looking AMAZING! Color matched to a tee. I called up to the store before sending. Not only is he a Chanel magician but such a character to talk to. A called I expected to last 5-10 mins was an hour, and I enjoyed every minute! He not only shared his insight on bags, but let me know about his history and how he got started. Such a nice, humble guy!

Can't recommend Gerry and his team enough!!

Please let us know what you think of their work!;);)

+1 !!!!! :smile:)))

Ok. I feel like I'm doing a mini reveal! I was so anxious, I opened it up in the FedEx parking lot!

First off, I have to say, wonderful touch on their part by putting it in their own dust bag.

I would like to preface these before and after pictures... I didn't realize how gross and dingy my bag had become! It's quite embarrassing [emoji17]

I had it completely refinished. So they cleaned it then dyed it, and replaced the chain. It's darker than originally, but honestly, it's a miracle what they did! It's obviously a little worn given the age of the lambskin, but the work covers it nicely. Extremely happy!

-side note. He threw in an authenticity document for free!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456279142.915928.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456279156.501209.jpg

Ok. I feel like I'm doing a mini reveal! I was so anxious, I opened it up in the FedEx parking lot!

First off, I have to say, wonderful touch on their part by putting it in their own dust bag.

I would like to preface these before and after pictures... I didn't realize how gross and dingy my bag had become! It's quite embarrassing [emoji17]

I had it completely refinished. So they cleaned it then dyed it, and replaced the chain. It's darker than originally, but honestly, it's a miracle what they did! It's obviously a little worn given the age of the lambskin, but the work covers it nicely. Extremely happy!

View attachment 3283103

View attachment 3283104

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Gorg! How does the leather feel after the dye? I've always been so curious!! Beautiful work!!!! Congrats! So happy for you!!
How much did it come out to?❤️

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Gorg! How does the leather feel after the dye? I've always been so curious!! Beautiful work!!!! Congrats! So happy for you!!

How much did it come out to?[emoji173]️

It's definitely stiffer. But I'd rather that than what it was before! I'm going to email them though and ask if there's a leather conditioner they recommend.
It was $250. That included the shipping back!

Maybe I never noticed it was so bad before because it was Chanel and seemed so magical and wonderful because of that.... Even my boyfriend noticed apparently since I showed him the before/after pics and he said "oh yeah I thought that purse was grubby looking..." [emoji15]
meanwhile he normally wouldn't notice if I used a plastic bag for a purse[emoji23]

Reactions: gossipkween

View attachment 3283103

View attachment 3283104

Wow! What a difference! He really is a miracle worker, isn't he?! Thank you so much for sharing before/after. I promise I will do the same when I get around to doing mine!

View attachment 3283103

View attachment 3283104

Beautiful!!! Enjoy her! Gerry can bring any chanel back to life!!

It's definitely stiffer. But I'd rather that than what it was before! I'm going to email them though and ask if there's a leather conditioner they recommend.
It was $250. That included the shipping back!

Maybe I never noticed it was so bad before because it was Chanel and seemed so magical and wonderful because of that.... Even my boyfriend noticed apparently since I showed him the before/after pics and he said "oh yeah I thought that purse was grubby looking..." [emoji15]
meanwhile he normally wouldn't notice if I used a plastic bag for a purse[emoji23]

What a great price!! So happy for you!! And yeah those boys of ours don't really notice the "little things" specially when we have some many of them!!;)) congrats again❤️

How much did it come out to?[emoji173]️

Wow! What a difference! He really is a miracle worker, isn't he?! Thank you so much for sharing before/after. I promise I will do the same when I get around to doing mine!

That's amazing!!!

Beautiful!!! Enjoy her! Gerry can bring any chanel back to life!!

What a great price!! So happy for you!! And yeah those boys of ours don't really notice the "little things" specially when we have some many of them!!;)) congrats again[emoji173]️

Thank you all! I feel like I have a brand new bag!

Now I feel tons better about buying my next vintage flap and been hunting away!

Oh except for that teensy fact that I'm on ban island [emoji23]

Just got my 6 series Medallion tote back. Before
cf84c892950c1c16f69fcd9a61494a77.jpg
70b3353523e494abd27f3e22167b39fe.jpg
ec5210d64717bc9f10090f9752dd8990.jpg