Would you choose bleu paon or black metallic edge city?

Wittygirl

@wittygirl
O.G.
Nov 26, 2011
Dear Bal lovers, I would appreciate your opinions on this one. I fell in love with blue paon metallic edge city when I saw a lady in my gym wearing it. She is stunning and the bag just looks amazing on her. I found one in London, it's from 2014 collection. I have been also wanting to get the black metallic edge city with silver hardware. Now I found out that in the UK they only have it with pale gold and you need to look in Europe if you're lucky you will get one with silver hardware.
Black will go with more, bleu paon might be harder to match.
Which one would you choose? Shall I get bleu paon or wait for black when I go to Europe at some point?

Dear Bal lovers, I would appreciate your opinions on this one. I fell in love with blue paon metallic edge city when I saw a lady in my gym wearing it. She is stunning and the bag just looks amazing on her. I found one in London, it's from 2014 collection. I have been also wanting to get the black metallic edge city with silver hardware. Now I found out that in the UK they only have it with pale gold and you need to look in Europe if you're lucky you will get one with silver hardware.
Black will go with more, bleu paon might be harder to match.
Which one would you choose? Shall I get bleu paon or wait for black when I go to Europe at some point?

I'm not a huge blue fan but this one is a gorgeous shade. Do you already have a black?

Thank you for writing back. I don't have a black Bal- I have bleu acier (light blue/grey) and rose bruyere (dusky pink).

If those two colours are a good fit for your wardrobe the bleu paon should be too IMHO. Although a basic black is always good to have...I don't know how much help I'll be :P. The black will always be there, and more will probably be on the secondary market than the bleu paon I would think.

The pale gold hardware is really, really pretty and versatile. A lot of people think it looks like silver, actually. I have a black ME Town with the champagne gold HW and it's just great, very subtle gold tone. If you can see it in person, I recommend that you do. It may sway you.

Also, in general I think the black is a no brainer as in get it.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Thank you! I think if I could find black with silver hw I'd get it in a heartbeat! The bleu paon is so u ique and a lovely shade and more rare to find. But I do worry about matching it and black being a more versatile colour... thank you for your opinions, I really appreciate them!

oh that bleu paon is lovely. black is a standard that is always available, but those other colors can't be had as often. it looks like a darker blue, not bright. i could see it matching a lot of wardrobe colors easily.

oh that bleu paon is lovely. black is a standard that is always available, but those other colors can't be had as often. it looks like a darker blue, not bright. i could see it matching a lot of wardrobe colors easily.

Here's another pic of the bleu paon from Lyst:

Attachments

• balenciaga-blue-classic-city-leather-tote-product-1-20984564-3-758069457-normal.jpeg
    balenciaga-blue-classic-city-leather-tote-product-1-20984564-3-758069457-normal.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 410
I have also been really wanting a black/silver ME city, but I haven't pulled the trigger. I am partial to that, but when Cookielovesbags revealed her BP ME City in the ID thread, my jaw dropped. It is truly a gorgeous, chameleon color and much more interesting than black. As another posted mentioned, it will be easier to get the black/silver combo on the secondary market than the BP.

http://forum.purseblog.com/showpost.php?p=29812315&postcount=9729

Thank you for your contributions, I really appreciate it. Wow, I love how the BP looks in some photos, a dark teal, but when it looks like a flatter green, not as much.... will try and check put both, although the store is putting pressure on me to buy the BP which I don't like