Sable in Action

Thank you Flip88, that means a lot as I've read through much of this thread and noticed you preferred darker sable for the most part, although you were warming up to lighter sable lately :biggrin:

I do go back and forth wondering if I should get one a little longer (top of thighs), although I love this length on me. The other thing is is was 50% off for one day only during the Black Friday sale. Even so, it was very expensive to me! The prices are back to normal now. Would I ever be able to find a deal like that again for what I want? Maybe, maybe not. I don't have to take it once it comes in if I change my mind, but I do appreciate your kind opinion!

Sorry...this quote posted very weird!

QUOTE=Flip88;29504581]Oh my goodness . . . . Am so jealous. This fur suits you so well. Congratulations

[/

Last edited:
Hi I haven't posted here but today I tried some coats this one was too big and makes me so big, I can most probably restyle it as I can get it at 50% off, just wondering if it would look less bulky, any advice would be highly appreciated))

I can't offer the opinions like most of the ladies here can who know so much about sable, but this is such a beautiful coat....and for 50% off. Wow! Hopefully they can alter it to what you're looking for with fit. You are lucky to be 5'8" and slim and can wear the longer coats well, unlike me! A shrimp which gets swallowed by big long coats. Oh well, it is what it is :smile:

Thanks papertiger! OK, I went back, took some pics (this is me!) and decided I am I'm going to get it :graucho: I really love it, the length, color, how it looks on me. Although this is the large, and they are ordering me the medium which will be in on Thursday. I know it will get a lot of use from my more casual wardrobe, but I can dress it up too. Thanks everyone for your help, I hope you love it too! :smile:

You look absolutely fantastic and I am so happy for you! Congrats!

Thank you for answering Flip88!

I'm thinking of making smaller, on Monday they let me know if that's possible, the price is very tempting, but I'm 5,8 big shoulders and not liking the bulk on top, what about making without sleeves?

ari I have a sable vest and I think it's ok for where I am, but you might need a coat with some sleeves? I am sure with the right fit, you will rock it! Btw I love your outfit today!

I can't offer the opinions like most of the ladies here can who know so much about sable, but this is such a beautiful coat....and for 50% off. Wow! Hopefully they can alter it to what you're looking for with fit. You are lucky to be 5'8" and slim and can wear the longer coats well, unlike me! A shrimp which gets swallowed by big long coats. Oh well, it is what it is :smile:

Actually I was envious looking at your picture - it looks gorgeous on you! I can't wear that length/ I have no hips, very boyish figure (( congrats you wear it very well.

ari I have a sable vest and I think it's ok for where I am, but you might need a coat with some sleeves? I am sure with the right fit, you will rock it! Btw I love your outfit today!

periogirl, thank you! Without sleeves looks youngish! I'm always afraid of looking old ladyish))) unfortunately the short doesn't look good on me. But thank you for your advice!

I truly appreciate your honest opinions, I'd want to know if I looked ridiculous in this coat or not! ;) Sometimes you don't know how to take the opinion of the SA's, although my SO was there and he liked this coat the best of the dozens I tried on.

p.s. I absolutely love your short grey mink, I'd wish I could find one like that!

You look absolutely fantastic and I am so happy for you! Congrats!

Awwwww, you are very sweet! Finding the right fit for any body type can be challenging. Since many of you love this coat on me, I'm feeling better about keeping it! :biggrin:

Actually I was envious looking at your picture - it looks gorgeous on you! I can't wear that length/ I have no hips, very boyish figure (( congrats you wear it very well.

I truly appreciate your honest opinions, I'd want to know if I looked ridiculous in this coat or not! ;) Sometimes you don't know how to take the opinion of the SA's, although my SO was there and he liked this coat the best of the dozens I tried on.

p.s. I absolutely love your short grey mink, I'd wish I could find one like that!

Awwwww, you are very sweet! Finding the right fit for any body type can be challenging. Since many of you love this coat on me, I'm feeling better about keeping it! :biggrin:

You don't look ridiculous, I think after trying on dozens of coats you and your SO would know when the right ones come along. Btw I am also v petite at 5"1. I was told nothing longer than knee length for me. Which is great because long sables are $$$$$$! And I just got a Blackglama knee length mink which will be enough warmth for where I live. Mink is good because I have a small kid and still have to run around for the school pickup. It stresses me less as it's less fragile than Sable.

You don't look ridiculous, I think after trying on dozens of coats you and your SO would know when the right ones come along. Btw I am also v petite at 5"1. I was told nothing longer than knee length for me. Which is great because long sables are $$$$$$! And I just got a Blackglama knee length mink which will be enough warmth for where I live. Mink is good because I have a small kid and still have to run around for the school pickup. It stresses me less as it's less fragile than Sable.

So being short has some benefits I suppose! :lol: Oh, I saw the beautiful black belted mink. The belt makes such a difference since it's longer. I need to cinch my waist in my longer coats or else I'd look like a shapeless blob...lol. I'm already sweating it out wearing the sable, but I'll just have to be careful and enjoy it!

Hi I haven't posted here but today I tried some coats this one was too big and makes me so big, I can most probably restyle it as I can get it at 50% off, just wondering if it would look less bulky, any advice would be highly appreciated))

It is big but from the photo not huge. You should keep the swing though coz I'm loving you from the back!!!!

Also, it may look better just 'shrugged on' and not done up

And a short jacket which is too short on me, but the size is right, not the right clothes, but for the idea))

IMHO this one is not working, I think it's the proportions of the jacket to the sleeves and not the length or what you're wearing

Sables are dense warm fur and very fluffy unless someone lives in the Arctic, up a high mountain or continental inland, the heat generated will be hard to stand.

From my obsessive scrutiny of sable watching, ladies who buy huge, long sables thinking the more sable the better think they look like the first pic, but end up looking like the second.

Attachments

• 0c151ff6e359d932ecbaf8138ba53661.jpg
    0c151ff6e359d932ecbaf8138ba53661.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 324
  • flanagan_0005.jpg
    flanagan_0005.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: pianolize
It is big but from the photo not huge. You should keep the swing though coz I'm loving you from the back!!!!

Also, it may look better just 'shrugged on' and not done up

IMHO this one is not working, I think it's the proportions of the jacket to the sleeves and not the length or what you're wearing

Thank you for the advice! Very useful, so basically I need to decrease the shoulder width?
I agree on the second one, I brought a petite friend and it looked better on her.

Thank you for the advice! Very useful, so basically I need to decrease the shoulder width?
I agree on the second one, I brought a petite friend and it looked better on her.

It looks like if something could be done about reducing the chest/underarm/top-back/yoke proportionally, the sleeves could be reset (so their extra length may come in handy).

Is this at a furriers or dept store? Is there someone (besides SA) to advise you categorically/absolutely on what could be done/costs?

If not ring round some furriers before you buy the coat and describe what needs doing and get a quite. I'm not talking about these fur dealers I mean people who make jackets/coats and repair and remodel. If they don't make, alter and sell new sables don't bother asking because obviously they're not in the right league.

Sables are dense warm fur and very fluffy unless someone lives in the Arctic, up a high mountain or continental inland, the heat generated will be hard to stand.

From my obsessive scrutiny of sable watching, ladies who buy huge, long sables thinking the more sable the better think they look like the first pic, but end up looking like the second.

[emoji23][emoji33][emoji13]