If you could only save one bag from your collection, which would it be and why?

I would have to say my so black Chanel jumbo flap. Several years ago, I had held one in my hands, while at Chanel for something else, taking a picture of it for a friend. It had been on hold. It was an elusive bag that I never dreamed I would own. Then, nearly 2 years later, my SA called to say they got a few in and did I want one?? It had to be picked up and purchased that day. My daughter was able to go in and get it for me. This was last December and it was the best holiday gift EVER!!!

Reactions: netter and Lcash
Oo, is this a new feature, Meg? Fun!

Hm, this is a tough one. On the one hand, I don't have any one specific bag that's a lot more expensive than all of the others. I also don't have one that's a lot more sentimental than any other. Do I pick the most useful? Or just my favorite?

Um, ok I'll go with my Hermes Evelyne, but that's not definite, I might change my mind lol.

Reactions: netter
Oo, is this a new feature, Meg? Fun!

Hm, this is a tough one. On the one hand, I don't have any one specific bag that's a lot more expensive than all of the others. I also don't have one that's a lot more sentimental than any other. Do I pick the most useful? Or just my favorite?

Um, ok I'll go with my Hermes Evelyne, but that's not definite, I might change my mind lol.

Yes, a new feature! Just want to have a question of the week section - should be able to have some fun questions and answers! :party:

And I'll start off by saying this is so hard I barely can think of what I would do. I am torn between one of my Birkins, which were both major purchases for me and hold significant value, and my Chanel Reissue that Vlad got me for my birthday one year.

I'm going to go with the Chanel Reissue - Vlad planned the nicest day for my birthday and I don't think I'll ever forget it. He got us a car service for the day and started with breakfast at my favorite place in NYC. Then he took me to the spa for a couple's massage and facial, and then after an early dinner, the car drove us to Chanel and he told me to pic a bag I wanted! He had talked to them earlier and they had the Reissue I loved held for me, and that was my bag! I had been wanting it forever. After that we went to a NY Yankees game. Anyhow, it was the best birthday and Vlad really went out of his way to make the day so special - and that bag means so much to me!

But now I kind of think I want to save my first Birkin. I am stuck. Ha!

Hmmm. This is tough, really, really tough! Someone mentioned below whether it should be the most useful or the one you like the best etc and, Megs, you are waivering between your sentimental Reissue or your first birkin...

I say put the Reissue inside the Birkin as a wallet since I'm going to pick my Chanel Stingray Boy WOC in Black & Silver (Xmas gift from DH) to use as a "wallet" inside my Balenciaga 2003 Emerald First...which "technically" could serve as a pursket or organizer inside my Balenciaga 03 Rouge City. Does that work? Haha

See...then I'd put the Rouge City inside my 03 Dark Caramel WE as an "organizer"...I guess that's not fair!

I don't know! My 03 Dark Caramel City is now feeling a bit lonely and upset bc she's out of this world! So maybe her with Rouge 03 First inside.I don't think DH has any sentimental value towards any of my bags even if they were gifts, but I do adore my JPG that he got me...

wait, so who gets the rest of my bags??? hahaha

This is a toughie, but if you could only save ONE bag from your collection, which would it be and why?

Megs, do you remember the photo Vlad took of your Chocolate Belen Echandia Love Me? I saw that photo and thought to myself "I don't know the designer, I don't know the price, but I must have that bag". I acquired one eventually.

If I ever have to save one bag from my collection, that would be it.

And Vlad's photos are amazing. :smile:

This is a toughie, like being asked to choose among your children!!!! All 20+ of them lol.

I dug deep, and my answer surprised me. I own many more an expensive or beautiful bag, but the one I would go with in the end is this one that DH went and picked out all by himself and surprised me with for Valentines Day, complete with matching shoes.

He was SO SO SO proud of himself that I didn't have the heart to tell him that it's really not my style, and I'm not much of an MK gal. But you know what? Turns out it doesn't matter. I may not carry it the most, but to me it means much more than all my Hermes, LVs, Chanels or what have you put together :heart: And I wear it proudly whenever the occasion calls for, er, well lots of gold ;)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1444788618.637354.jpg

I'm possibly getting hives thinking about this dilemma.

But if it's only one bag, it would have to be the Balenciaga Town that my boyfriend half funded for my birthday the first year we were together. It's not even the bag, as I don't use it as much anymore, though I still love it, it's the sentiment behind it.

Reactions: netter and SophieLV
This is a toughie, like being asked to choose among your children!!!! All 20+ of them lol.

I dug deep, and my answer surprised me. I own many more an expensive or beautiful bag, but the one I would go with in the end is this one that DH went and picked out all by himself and surprised me with for Valentines Day, complete with matching shoes.

He was SO SO SO proud of himself that I didn't have the heart to tell him that it's really not my style, and I'm not much of an MK gal. But you know what? Turns out it doesn't matter. I may not carry it the most, but to me it means much more than all my Hermes, LVs, Chanels or what have you put together :heart: And I wear it proudly whenever the occasion calls for, er, well lots of gold ;)

View attachment 3156645

Awww. This is a lovely story and a lovely choice. :heart:

Reactions: Sky035
I don't have to think long about this question. I would choose Miss Pickle (Mulberry regular Alexa in pickle green). She is my first (and more or less only) designer my most beloved bag. A few years ago I saw a picture of an oak Alexa online and it was really :heart: at first sight. It took me some years to accept the price point and to save the money, but last year (during the sale) I took the plunge and got Miss Pickle. She is definitely one of the ten things I would carry out of the burning house. :lol:

picture.php

Reactions: Ella Belle
I think this is so much fun. Very hard question for me but I have pared down my collection quite a bit, I think I went by practicality in choosing my answer. Well maybe not practical but I want through all the scenarios of what was most irreplaceable and it came down to this prada here. My lace pizzo which I never ever see on the re sell market. Most of my other bags I see around so I think I could replace them, even tho they have sentimental value.