Negative Clinic Experiences

Couldn't agree more. The list is rubbish.

The only ones I would avoid are:

- Grand (from personal experience and the death there)

- Wonjin (again, death there)

- Jewellery (photos showing doctors and staff partying near unconscious patient)

I'd probably also add BK to that list (due to their widespread targeting of foreigners only and too-many-reviews-to-repeat about factory like service and bad aftercare).

I'd also avoid Dr Song (previously of Making Beauty Clinic) that was super popular on the various forums a few years ago. He had consistent and multiple bad reviews about the results of his zygoma surgeries (the complaints being about the physical results, not just the post op care).

Me personally I would also avoid any clinic that doesn't have board certified plastic surgeons (look for ...외과 or "XX Plastic Surgery" in the clinic's name) as well as any clinic that doesn't carry the necessary emergency equipment like back-up generators in case the power fails in the building, defribrillators and a permanent onsite anaesthesiologist).

Agreed on the Dr. Song of Making Beauty Clinic comment. I personally had a bad result there myself. I underwent both zygoma reduction and mandible reduction surgeries with him. I cannot fathom how he was so popular back then..they were probably advertisers. I look at his website now and he is now a jack of all trades. I'm sure he has to rake in income somehow after all of the bad reviews. I can't imagine how imagine how anyone would trust their face to that money hungry butcher.

Agreed on the Dr. Song of Making Beauty Clinic comment. I personally had a bad result there myself. I underwent both zygoma reduction and mandible reduction surgeries with him. I cannot fathom how he was so popular back then..they were probably advertisers. I look at his website now and he is now a jack of all trades. I'm sure he has to rake in income somehow after all of the bad reviews. I can't imagine how imagine how anyone would trust their face to that money hungry butcher.[/QUOTE/]

Ahh you poor thing!! Yes I recall there was a phase a few years back where literally everyone seemed to be going to him for their zygomas. One girl in particular managed to track him down as he moved from one clinic to another encouraging people to follow him to the new clinic. And then what do you know, fast forward a year and every one was unhappy with their results. Dodgy dodgy dodgy.

Sorry to hear you had a bad result.

I dont know if there's a list, but you can check it by having a look at the clinic's name on its Korean website. These characters should appear last in the name.

But yes, TLPS is board certified. It has 외과 in its name. And actually its English name is also "TL Plastic Surgery". Only board certified clinics can use the moniker "xx.. Plastic Surgery" in English. That's why many of them will be called something like ".. Clinic" instead.
Thank you for clarifying.

Agreed on the Dr. Song of Making Beauty Clinic comment. I personally had a bad result there myself. I underwent both zygoma reduction and mandible reduction surgeries with him. I cannot fathom how he was so popular back then..they were probably advertisers. I look at his website now and he is now a jack of all trades. I'm sure he has to rake in income somehow after all of the bad reviews. I can't imagine how imagine how anyone would trust their face to that money hungry butcher.[/QUOTE/]

Ahh you poor thing!! Yes I recall there was a phase a few years back where literally everyone seemed to be going to him for their zygomas. One girl in particular managed to track him down as he moved from one clinic to another encouraging people to follow him to the new clinic. And then what do you know, fast forward a year and every one was unhappy with their results. Dodgy dodgy dodgy.

Sorry to hear you had a bad result.

Yeah it was like blind fanaticism about him years ago. I still cannot believe how naive and foolish I was for having gone to him. He is now practicing in Jeju Island if I am not mistaken.

I can go on and on about how unprofessional and shady he is.

Why is Braun blacklisted?
Can anyone share their negative experience? I like the results on their website and wanted to consult there.
Edit: Went back to read and someone posted that a girl died there. Is this true or just a rumor?

I will share my experience here. I went to South Korea in May. I made appointments at 'just' two clinics; The Line and JK. The surgery I wanted isn't really considered as plastic surgery, but it's still a surgery done at a plastic surgery clinic. Therefore, I will share my experience anyway. The surgery I did was removal of the eye bag fat/dark circles below the eyes.

After my consultations at both The Line and JK, I decided to do my surgery at JK. There were several reasons to chose JK over The Line.

1. The English consultants of JK are quite skilled in English and professional. However, they play on their phone a lot during meetings, that seems a bit unprofessional. The consultants of The Line were also quite skilled in English, but not as good as the consultants at JK. Also, the consultant at The Line was a bit pushy, which I didn't like.
2. The surgeon at JK was very friendly and also tried to explain things in English himself, even when the English consultant was present. I met two surgeons at The Line (because they offered a double surgery in my case), who also were friendly but a bit less personal.
3. The surgery procedure JK offered was more simple and logical than the one The Line offered (they offered a double surgery which would left scars).
4. The building of JK is really luxurious and gives a professonial and clean impression. Not only the lobby/reception area, but also the consultation rooms were very luxurious. The building of The Line was less luxurious. Also, the consultation room looked like an old office. However, how the building looks and feels isn't really important of course.

So, I chose JK. The surgery went well. But now, 2.5 weeks later, I'm not really happy with the result so far. Yes, I look way much better than before, but I still see a little bit of an eye bag (especially on the right side). I went back to ask them about this, and they (both consultant and surgeon) replied with the fact it was still too early to see the final result. After 1 month after surgery all of the swollen parts will be gone, and then I could see the result. I don't really believe this, because I could see the difference after a few days the biggest swollen parts went down - and it hasn't changed. I will wait another 1.5 weeks like they said, to see the 'final result' after 1 month after surgery, but still, at this moment I'm not really satisfied. Especially because they said this surgery was a very simple one - and not even considered as plastic surgery (since you don't change anything in your appearance), so maybe that's why I'm even more disappointed.

Reactions: Yumigumi
sorry to sound naive, I've been reading alot of thread posts and now, I have a migraine (for spending too much time reading small fonts LOL) and I still can't find the answer, so I hope you guys can help me out...anyway, is Jewelry the same as JW?

Reactions: dareakuma
Hi all,

Thanks for all the helpful posts and details. I just wanted to contribute. I had a negative experience at ID Hospital which I posted in detail on Cozycot's cheekbone reduction forum http://forums.cozycot.com/forum/bea...ures/18184-cheekbone-reduction-surgery/page21

However, I actually like my nose from Shimmian. In ID's defense, I had excellent after care and they were willing to fix the problem and address any of my concerns. After I got my nose done at Shimmian a couple of years ago, I went back to ID for free revision surgery and they worked on my chin. Unfortunately, it still doesn't look good and my face still has asymmetry. I realize all faces have asymmetry but some doctor's have low standards as to the degree of asymmetry they find acceptable. I've emailed ID back and forth about this since it turns out I have some down time for the next couple of weeks to fly to Korea and take care of it. They said to "come in and talk to Dr. Park then he will see if I need a revision". It's been a few years but they said in an email to come "anytime" which I figured meant come any time until the rest of my life..lol

The good thing is ID is willing to do the revision and they said it was free if Dr. Park decides it's needed.

The bad is that they keep trying to sell me on V3 lifting procedure. My husband said if they didn't do a good job on my face in the first place, why would I go back to them for something else.

I'm going to a bunch of clinics to do consults next week and hopefully I find the right one. To be honest, my case was kind of difficult because I had pre-existing asymmetry and I'm a really particular, nitpicky person about everything. On another hand, a skilled doctor with high standards should be able to fix it.

As it stands after reading the posts on this forum, I am wondering if Dr. Park performed my facial contouring surgery. They say he did but I think there were rookie mistakes on my face..especially that my chin is still crooked after the revision.

I'm praying for a better result this time around. Revisions suck but sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right.

I'm trying to be positive but most of the places I am going on consults are on the list. The posts have been so helpful especially about not hiring translators. After reading some of the prices people with translators paid, it's obvious the translators are pocketing thousands of dollars.

The one advice I can give is to really really take time going on consults and go with the one that makes you feel the most comfortable, not necessarily the cheapest. ID by far wasn't the cheapest but I had consults lined up with Small Face and I was planning to do a walk in at Face Line. It's been years since my surgery and I've changed as a person. Back then I was so naive and just went with ID because the whole consultation process wore me out since it took 2-3 hours. I was also swooned by how nice Dr. Park was. Please don't make the same mistake as me. I believe they purposely wear out potential patients to get them to agree to surgery before going on other consults. Think of them as used car salesmen especially when haggling the price. I was so dumb I didn't even know haggling was possible. Oh my gosh I could've saved so much money..

I always wonder what could have been if I just took the time to do research and go to more clinics. After all this is our face and choosing which doctor performs our surgery is in a way the most important decision we'll ever make in our life since we have to live with our face forever..just my two cents. Good luck everyone :smile:

Last edited:
thanks tari_tigerlily! you saved my day haha :smile:

meemeepeenay, i totally agree, why would you do more surgeries with ID after unsatisfying results with the first one? That offer to do V3 lifting just doesn't sit right. Anyway thanks for sharing your experience with them. It is a good thing that they atleast offer revisions for free but if it was done right in the first place, then you wouldn't have this problem.

I also wonder how patients get to be sure that the surgeon they chose was the same one who did their surgery. Its just scary to know that some clinics already did the doctor switching.. I just don't want to end up as one of the victims of this malpractice.

Hi Noangel,
I agree with you that doing all this research can give you a migraine. I'm trying to do as much as I can before I leave. I like Face Line but their prices are crazy high. My husband said just go for it if that's who I end up liking after going to all the other clinics. I was so close to going to Faceline too but the language barrier held me back. What are you planning to get done?

I've consulted with a few doctors and some don't see anything wrong with my face, except for my chin and some cheek sagging. I really don't think I can bare another chin procedure from ID only to have it go wrong again. We'll see after they take the 3D CT scans. By the way, ID says they do this but they only take X-rays. Maybe they do it now but they never used a 3D scan on me.

Honestly I'm excited to go to Korea again. This will be my 4th time and I actually have time to go shopping and do consults. The amount of clinics is overwhelming and I'm still trying to sort out where to go.

meemeepeenay, I don't mind the migraines from researching as long as I am updated on the procedures I wanted done hehehe. I'm planning to do alot of things but my top priorities would be

1. FUE hairline transplant
2. Fat Grafting (face, breast and lips if possible) taking fat from Arms and Calves (if that's possible too)
3. Tip Plasty and Alarplasty

and since I have an overbite though I still cannot categorize if its mild or moderate, I'm still looking if I will need:

4. Facial Contouring : ASO / Bimaxillary Protrusion surgery or 2-Jaw
5. Eye surgery: DES for parallel eyelids and/or lower blepharoplasty or fat relocation for the dark & hollowness under my eyes (in case a full face fat graft won't address this issue.)

This thread helped me alot as it gives me a good idea on which places I should avoid and reasons as to why I should. Probably one of my fave threads here. :cool:

Reactions: Yumigumi