Constance Cartable

Leah, can you tell us why it would get scratched easily around the H closure? I haven't used mine yet, but trying to get in and out was so tough! I'm afraid I will break the closure...

Arlv8500, you know that part where you have to put a bit of pressure with your finger/fingernail to open the H clasp, right under the middle of the H part?
I find that no matter how gently you try to pry it open, the leather part in that area will eventually get a bit scratched. I have a few Constance bags in box leather and that part near the closure always has a little bit of scuffing from trying to pry it open.

The weird thing in my case is that the exotic Constances are the easiest to pry open, meaning with very little pressure, the bag will open. So strangely with exotic Constances, there are virtually no scratches near the clasp area.
It's a bit tougher to open the box Constances - not sure if this is just in my particular case!

Hi hi ... Reviving the thread about this fabulous bag.

I am on the list for a CC at my regular store. They have not received any since these bags were introduced. Also they are not sure what colours would arrive. Hence the indefinite waiting time uncertainty of colour and uncertainty if I will ever get the bag.

Recently I came across a Blue Obscure Butler / Sombrero CC from a reseller. Personally I would prefer any of the Box leather versions. Although I am open to new colours / leathers.

Tanker Toad's wonderful photo, earlier in this thread, of the black box & blue obscure CC side-by-side was a fabulous and informative photo. Thanks, TT!

Appreciate any feedback re a Blue Obscure CC and also any thoughts of reseller vs waiting for store offer. Thanks in advance.

Hi hi ... For those who have seen my earlier post, here is an update. The Blue Obscure Sombrero is now my new baby! Woohoo... Here's a pic of it solo and a comparison pic with a BBK 32.

Attachments

• Cartable.JPG
    Cartable.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,129
  • Cartable vs K32.JPG
    Cartable vs K32.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,136
^ Loukpeach ... Thanks!

I was inspired by all the wonderful CC owners here who shared photos and feedback. Mine is a twin to Madame Bijoux's. Was also highly motivated by Tankertoad's feedback and photos of Julia Kovoljova.

Blue Obscure is a deep dark blue. Sombrero is like a matte velvety version of Chamonix. It is a very unique combination resulting in a quietly commanding bag. Noticeable but yet subtle.

Hi hi ... For those who have seen my earlier post, here is an update. The Blue Obscure Sombrero is now my new baby! Woohoo... Here's a pic of it solo and a comparison pic with a BBK 32.

great choice!! this CC is TDF..........! you are so lucky the waiting from the store finally paid off, this is much better than bamboo Jyp28!

Wow, this is a gorgeous bag! I would love to see mod pics if you get time :graucho: I'm curious to see how it fits worn on the shoulder.../?

My boutique hasn't ordered any for next season but they said they could get one in for me. I just can't decide! I think your combination is the prettiest I've seen so far. Love the matte leather....

I have seen this combo IRL and it is gorgeous. It is a substantial bag and will take oyu aeround the world and back again. It may have a contrast interior, some did. The blue is very dark, almost black. Look forward to hearing your thoughts after seeing it.
It is a very special bag.
please share TankerToad, is this a bag that our Chicago store will ever have available? I think I just fell in LOVE. It's magnificent :smile:

I just fell over in my seat, this is just remarkable. Hearty congratulations on this magnificent bag! Just how rare are these?