Need Help/Opinions of French Blue Owners

^^^Mmmm... mine is defintiely lighter than marine (BTW, yours is beautiful). I had wondered whether a 2007 tag had gotten mixed up with this wallet and it was really a 2006 cornflower. In certain settings, the wallet looks lighter, but clearly not as vibrant as some of the FB bags posted here.

Oh yes, yes... yours is definately not marine & it looks pretty close to French Blue. I was just wondering a)if wallets had THAT much variation (my Aqua wallet is pretty darn close though) OR, b) since we both got them from Aloha Rag, if there was some way that newer cards were getting mixed in with wallets from the previous seasons?? I don't think that would be possible though??

I dunno! I love my lil wallet just the same though!! Even if it was Ink, its more blue tone - so I'm cool with that. However, it may just be from a different batch of leather or something, as to why our wallets are showing different from some bags...

Well, Chuggie, you know I'm the FB fanatic, and I think my FB money wallet looks like it's slightly brighter than yours. There's a definite color difference between my Cornflower bag and my FB wallet. The FB is more vibrant than the Cornflower. However, I do agree with you that the FB wallet from Aloha Rag doesn't seem as bright as some of the bags posted here. I have my wallet on me right now, and I'm comparing it to these photos, and it's definitely not as bright. But I still love it. If you don't love yours, definitely send it back. Maybe there's other stores that have more vibrant FB wallets.

Thanks, Coda. I was hoping you'd see this thread. It was actually your FB that prompted me to order mine. I still haven't decided its fate yet. It is a lovely blue, just not as bright as I had wanted.

I had already tried contacting Barney's and they were completely out of the FB wallet (though they did have one mini compagnon if anyone is interested). I might try a few other stores, but I'm not too optimistic.

I dunno! I love my lil wallet just the same though!! Even if it was Ink, its more blue tone - so I'm cool with that. However, it may just be from a different batch of leather or something, as to why our wallets are showing different from some bags...

I had heard that there was trouble with some of the batches of FB with the leather peeling, so it is possible that my wallet from a latter batch. In fact at least three stores had told me that their FB orders had been delayed because of a problem.

Wow, I hope that doesn't mean our wallets will peel! That's just way too much money to spend on something that's not going to last! It's a shame because FB is such a beautiful color. That's probably why they decided not to produce any more of the bags.

Thanks for the info, Chuggie, I'll be on the lookout for any peeling that may start happening.

Wow, I hope that doesn't mean our wallets will peel! That's just way too much money to spend on something that's not going to last! It's a shame because FB is such a beautiful color. That's probably why they decided not to produce any more of the bags.

Thanks for the info, Chuggie, I'll be on the lookout for any peeling that may start happening.

I didn't mean to scare you. There were a few bags that peeled, but I don't think it was a widespread problem. I'm sure your wallet will be fine.:yes: I know that there were some production problems which has limited the availability of FB in general.

That is French blue. I have a money wallet, which I bought from BNY, to try to satisfy my desire for the color without getting a bag. It is like yours, and not nearly so vivid as the bag I ended up buying anyway! It seems drier, maybe even tending toward veiny, god forbid. I think it may be the difference in the more rigid leather of a wallet, as compared to the larger piece of leather on a bag. My wallet is classic hardware, my bag GH, but I just don't have enough to compare to know that that is the difference. I think it's a wallet thing.

That is French blue. I have a money wallet, which I bought from BNY, to try to satisfy my desire for the color without getting a bag. It is like yours, and not nearly so vivid as the bag I ended up buying anyway! It seems drier, maybe even tending toward veiny, god forbid. I think it may be the difference in the more rigid leather of a wallet, as compared to the larger piece of leather on a bag. My wallet is classic hardware, my bag GH, but I just don't have enough to compare to know that that is the difference. I think it's a wallet thing.

Rollergirl, thank you so much for that info. I was wondering if I was going crazy b/c I didn't think mine was as bright as the bags I had seen and the posts on here. Did you decide to keep the wallet when you purchased the bag?

I did keep it. It is still a nice little jolt of color, especially with other color bags I got, like white and natural. And I use it with my French blue, too. The other money wallets I saw (a vert gazon and a vermillion) were pretty much the same kind of texture. It was my first, and I kind of assumed it was part of what would make a wallet a little more durable. It's pretty, just not as pretty as the bag.