Artsy Empreinte vs Artsy Monogram

Good points.... I understand completely what you are saying about the price difference. Do you need another bag in your collection or would the Artsy fit most of your needs right now? Since you said for the price difference you could buy another bag, I wondered if you had your eye on anything else. Is it worth it to you to just have one leather bag as opposed to two canvas bags?

Believe me, it took me years to work up to buying a leather LV piece.... I started with a mono Speedy 30, 10+ years ago ~ DH and I were both out of grad school for a few years before I could even think about that! GL in deciding ~ both versions are special in their own way.:flowers:

I actually feel that the Artsy would be my HG since it has the things that I really look for in a bag. I have the Kusama NF which I also use as an all around bag but looking into adding something stylish yet functional (at least based on my needs) at the same time.

I have mono and DE pieces but if ever I get the emp, it would be my very first all leather piece.

As for the thought of getting another one out of the price diff, it's more of my addiction influencing the thought since there are few bags that I like, the speedy are one of those. I feel any collector should have that iconic bag. Being not a top handle fanatic, the speedy is not much of an urgent need for me tho but I would eventually want to have one in my collection someday.

I would go with the empreinte. I looked online the other day and aube wasn't an option anymore.

I know that's why the dilemma for me hehe.. I initially plan to buy mono first and plan to buy an emp a bit later since I feel I would wait to get the more exp one but when my SA told me that they might discontinue Aube made me have second thoughts :smile:

Reading on the responses made me comfortable and more confident about getting the emp first. If the price diff is indeed worth it, I would definitely go in that direction :smile:

I actually feel that the Artsy would be my HG since it has the things that I really look for in a bag. I have the Kusama NF which I also use as an all around bag but looking into adding something stylish yet functional (at least based on my needs) at the same time.

I have mono and DE pieces but if ever I get the emp, it would be my very first all leather piece.

As for the thought of getting another one out of the price diff, it's more of my addiction influencing the thought since there are few bags that I like, the speedy are one of those. I feel any collector should have that iconic bag. Being not a top handle fanatic, the speedy is not much of an urgent need for me tho but I would eventually want to have one in my collection someday.
Well, if you don't have any leather pieces yet I would def go for the Empreinte. I love LV canvas as well, but I would rather have 1 leather piece vs. 2 canvas pieces. I never want too many bags in my collection (just my personal opinion) because even though I do LOVE nice things, I don't like to be excessive. Also, you can only wear 1 bag at a time.;)

It sounds like you have a well-rounded collection (love the Kusama NF!) so leather would make a nice addition. Also, as for Speedy ~ yes, it is iconic, but not for everyone. If you a true shoulder bag girl, you might not use it as much. Just something to think about...

Well, if you don't have any leather pieces yet I would def go for the Empreinte. I love LV canvas as well, but I would rather have 1 leather piece vs. 2 canvas pieces. I never want too many bags in my collection (just my personal opinion) because even though I do LOVE nice things, I don't like to be excessive. Also, you can only wear 1 bag at a time.;)

It sounds like you have a well-rounded collection (love the Kusama NF!) so leather would make a nice addition. Also, as for Speedy ~ yes, it is iconic, but not for everyone. If you a true shoulder bag girl, you might not use it as much. Just something to think about...

That's exactly what I feel about the speedy altho I admit that I really admire seeing other girls with their speedy, it just look so classy.

Thanks for the input. Now it makes me a lot more confident about going for the emp! :smile:

Just curious, do you find your Emp. Artsy heavier? I really don't notice a difference in their weight even with the substantial leather.... maybe because the handle is so much softer?

It's a bit heavier, but not enough that I would ever part with the bag. It is so beautiful, and the handle is wonderful. A canvas Artsy can be heavy if loaded up, so some people might choose to underload the Emp to compensate for the heavier leather. Has not been an issue for me at all. :smile:

I had purchased the Artsy in the Empreinte but had to return it because it did not look right on me. I wanted to wear it as a shoulder bag but since I am a size 12 it rubbed up against my slightly thick arms and armpits. I also did not care for the fact that the bag does not close. I still think it's a beautiful bag but only in the Empreinte line, I have seen a few slim women wearing this piece and it looks great. I suppose I could have kept it not wearing it on my shoulder but I like both options. Empreinte is the way to go.

I would get the Empreinte version. I think both have cons. I think the canvas version is too much for what it is. But I am not a big fan of Empreinte bags of having fabric lining. I prefer the microsuede lining of the canvas version though.

I've been wanting to buy the Artsy and when I went to the boutique to check, I got stuck between the monogram and empreinte.

I would like to know your thoughts and which do you think would be a better option.

I am leaning more into the Empreinte one since I feel that it would be more comfortable to use even if it's heavier but I am not sure if the 1K++ price difference is worth it. Any thoughts from people who have both? Thanks!

I have both the Artsy in Monogram and Empreinte Noir. To me, these are two different bags. To be honest, I don't think anything beats the look of Artsy Monogram :heart: But, yes there is a but...I baby that pretty vachetta handle way too much.. That is why I got the one in Empreinte too - totally carefree :tup:

But be aware - as many already said, when you buy your first leather bag there is a chance you will never buy canvas again...

Good luck with your desicion ;)

(My first post at TPF, yay...)