Artsy Empreinte vs Artsy Monogram

Empreinte leather is gorgeous and in a league of its own but when it comes this this particular style, I prefer the look of mono. There is something so gorgeous about that handle in vachetta. I do want to mention that I own an Artsy in Mono (MM) and I do not find it very comfortable. The bottom is very wide and I find that awkward for my frame. The bag is heavy and the strap hurts. My bag is several years old so it's broken in well but still...not my favorite. Perhaps try it on in the store with your things in it if you haven't done so already. Try it with bare shoulders too because the feel is much different than it it is with sweaters or a padded coat. I still think its beautiful - don't get me wrong. For me it would never work as an everyday bag. I love having it in my rotation, though. Good luck!!

I wanted to add my BFF and I went to LV this past week and she had every intention on purchasing an Artsy in Noir but when she tried it on, she didn't like the bulk. She's very small - 5'0" and 103 pounds. Then she tried the brand new Bagatelle style and fell in love! It is lighter and lays very nicely against the body. She bought it on the spot. Have you tried that style? That would get my vote over Artsy.

Last edited:
I would get the Empreinte version. I think both have cons. I think the canvas version is too much for what it is. But I am not a big fan of Empreinte bags of having fabric lining. I prefer the microsuede lining of the canvas version though.

That is a great point. Is the 1st time I thought about the lining since you mention it.

I have two artsy in (Mono & DA). The handle on the canvas is just gorgeous compare to the emp handle, but my heart is still thinking of the emp. The only things that are keeping me from getting it is the weight and haven't find the color that sings to me. So if weight is not an issue for you, go for the emp.

That is a great point. Is the 1st time I thought about the lining since you mention it.

I have two artsy in (Mono & DA). The handle on the canvas is just gorgeous compare to the emp handle, but my heart is still thinking of the emp. The only things that are keeping me from getting it is the weight and haven't find the color that sings to me. So if weight is not an issue for you, go for the emp.

You must not let the weight thing stop you from buying one in Empreinte. The weight thing is way to exaggerated! When I put the same amount of stuff in my two Artsys, I hardly notice any difference!
The lining in the Emp is a lighter material and will keep the weight down, and it's so much easier to keep clean. So it's pros and cons with both ;)

you must not let the weight thing stop you from buying one in empreinte. The weight thing is way to exaggerated! When i put the same amount of stuff in my two artsys, i hardly notice any difference!
The lining in the emp is a lighter material and will keep the weight down, and it's so much easier to keep clean. So it's pros and cons with both ;)

+1

I exchanged my mono artsy for an emp artsy because it was cracking in 3 spots. I am so in love with the emp artsy, I was with my mono also. They both are amazing bags. I have not missed my mono since I got my emp, until we have been getting hit with nasty winter storms, I'd rather take the mono out in this weather then my Emp leather 😞. So my epi Neverfull had become my "bad weather bag" you can not go wrong with either. But if the price isn't an issue go for the emp!!!!

you must not let the weight thing stop you from buying one in empreinte. The weight thing is way to exaggerated! When i put the same amount of stuff in my two artsys, i hardly notice any difference!
The lining in the emp is a lighter material and will keep the weight down, and it's so much easier to keep clean. So it's pros and cons with both ;)

+1

In addition to looking at the clemence wallet in the empriente. I also looked at the artsy in the leather. I just need to really break down just purchase this bag. I'm been in love with this purse for about one year. It's really gorgeous in person. I'm sorry OP I'm no help with your situation.

The 1k price difference is worth it. I have both the Mono and Emp Artsy. The advantage of canvas is that it's light weight. Disadvantage: handle never gets as comfy as the handle on the Emp version. Canvas is definitely more carefree, and the detail on the handle really stands out. The patina on the handle is gorgeous against the Mono canvas.
Pros to the Emp version: the leather is exquisite -- beautiful and thick. Handle is more comfortable. I find the logo more subtle. You'll see this bag less than the canvas version. The only bummer can be the weight. It's a heavier bag. One needs to be cognizant of not scuffing the corners, too!
As prices rise, I would do leather first. You can always do canvas later! GL! :smile:

The 1k price difference is worth it. I have both the Mono and Emp Artsy. The advantage of canvas is that it's light weight. Disadvantage: handle never gets as comfy as the handle on the Emp version. Canvas is definitely more carefree, and the detail on the handle really stands out. The patina on the handle is gorgeous against the Mono canvas.
Pros to the Emp version: the leather is exquisite -- beautiful and thick. Handle is more comfortable. I find the logo more subtle. You'll see this bag less than the canvas version. The only bummer can be the weight. It's a heavier bag. One needs to be cognizant of not scuffing the corners, too!
As prices rise, I would do leather first. You can always do canvas later! GL! :smile:
You're right you don't see the Empreinte artsy that often. 😉

Last edited: