A tiny bit more info on the Limited Edition Magenta City

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
Hi All,

So I briefly spoke to an SA at BalNY about the Limited Edition Magenta city.

Here is what she said (it was not Daphne or Kim):

• It will be made with new leather
  • They are just re-introducing the color from previous dye lots

• There are more Regular HW bags available then GH Gold or GH Silver, but she was unsure as to the exact count.

• If you miss the pre-order date (Wed, May 16) and there are bags still available you can continue to order until they are sold out of the run.

In other words, if they make 200 Regular HW bags and only get 75 pre-orders by May 16, the remaining 125 bags will be available for sale on a first-come first-serve basis until they are sold out.

Thank you. I am new to balenciaga.. what do you mean by "new" leather?
Magenta was originally released in 2005, and some people were curious as to whether they would use both the dye lot AND the leather that was used in 2005. I guess the answer is they'll use the old dye but newly produced leather from this year. Makes sense to me. HTH!

So just to add to the confusion, I just spoke with Kim (she was a DOLL!!!) who said:

200 Regular HW
25 Giant Gold
75 Giant Silver

If you order now they will just charge your card immediately. She said they would ship late July/early August.

I am going to go for it!! heart::heart::heart:

So just to add to the confusion, I just spoke with Kim (she was a DOLL!!!) who said:

200 Regular HW
25 Giant Gold
75 Giant Silver

If you order now they will just charge your card immediately. She said they would ship late July/early August.

I am going to go for it!! heart::heart::heart:

That's awesome, thanks for posting! That's so exciting that i'll be one of only 25 :yes:

So now I've heard that Paris will also have them... I'll call Bal on Saturday and let you know the details. I'd call sooner but today and tomorrow it's a bank holiday here.