can you rank the following: cartier,tiffany,vca,graff, harry Winston, debeers?

lovechildmonste

Love Child Monster
Jul 26, 2011
Hi I would like to know how u guys will rank the following jewelry brands by overall prestige and exclusivity particular in engagement rings? And why do rank it that way? If u feel a brand is at par with each other, feel free to rank it that way!

mine is..
Graff/harry Winston ( or perhaps Graff then harry?)
vca
debeers
cartier
tiffany

My rating would be different if you said overall jewelry purchases. But you stated engagement rings. Different animal. This is pure marketing - prestige & exclusivity falls under 'perception' which is not reality but an opinion.
Graff/De Beers but only because they are buying many/most of the gigantic 5 million $ plus diamonds that go to auction at Chrisites & Sothebys. I have never seen an engagement ring someone purchased by them other than what is in the window at Graff. The De Beers in Caesars Vegas only carried the cheaper lower carat items. (I went there looking for a eternity band 7 to 9 cts. Was told at that time this store only carried 3 cts & under.)
The store is now closed but might be for relocation.
Harry Winston
Cartier
Tiffany - this seems to be the upper middle class standard people strive for. For that reason alone I put them above VCA.
VCA

Again one can do better & less expensive than what many of these stores offer buying 'unbranded' diamonds. But this thread is full of that kind of guidance.

Last edited:
Reactions: celine666666
Graff does have all those beautiful big stones. As in, big! And HW did just purchase a blue diamond!

Funny thing is, only a few people I know do know of Graff which adds to its exclusivity? Lol..

Would like to revive this thread.

Initially I though Graff and Harry Winston are both at the top, somewhat equally. But after visiting the Graff store for an engagement ring, I found that they carry a much wider range, the color went all the way down to J and the clarity went all the way down to SI. And they have very limited selections in the United States.

So my ranking would be:

1. Harry Winston
2. Tiffany
3. Cartier
4. Graff

I did not visit VCA or Debeers for engagement rings, but I did buy a diamond band from Debeers years ago and it is the number one diamond supplier.

Would like to revive this thread.

Initially I though Graff and Harry Winston are both at the top, somewhat equally. But after visiting the Graff store for an engagement ring, I found that they carry a much wider range, the color went all the way down to J and the clarity went all the way down to SI. And they have very limited selections in the United States.

So my ranking would be:

1. Harry Winston
2. Tiffany
3. Cartier
4. Graff

I did not visit VCA or Debeers for engagement rings, but I did buy a diamond band from Debeers years ago and it is the number one diamond supplier.

Just to note, a wide variety of color (D-J) or clarity (Fl-SI) does not have anything to do with cut quality which is what will make or break the diamond's performance. Everyone has their own preference for those characteristics and it does not necessarily mean Graff sells less quality diamonds.

Reactions: Gourmetgal