what is better in the long term??

satine112

O.G.
Apr 26, 2006
when buying bags, do you buy for the "now" or the "long run"??

What would be better then, a LV that i love or a bbag that i love? do you think LV holds its value better than bbags?? what about quality wise? the bbag i have is a bit old and it doesn't hold up all that well. peeling, etc. whereas, i think LV lasts longer.

If you're choosing between LV and bbags, I'd go for the bbag cause you know that LVs will always be there. And likewise, if I were choosing between two brands which are both limited, then I think I'd choose bags for now just cause you can always save up for more bags in the future :P

It's really subjective.... I've learned here that something I might consider to be "trendy" is regarded as "classic" by others. I do think longevity of versatility is desirable when spending so much on a bag.

I think unless you buy something you adore, it will be a false investment. I figure there is not much point buying a wonderful 'classic' unless I love it as it will sit classically doing nothing in my wardrobe while I get happy with short-term buys! Seriously, it's passion for me and then if faced with equal passion, I might start thinking more strategically but I am heart over head every time.

p.s. having owned both Bbags and LV, I would go for LV if I was only thinking about duration, but both are great designs and impeccably made in my experience.
This is my vote, too - I think LV has staying power, but BBags are gorgeous, though a little more "of the moment," right now. Buy what you like right now!

This is my vote, too - I think LV has staying power, but BBags are gorgeous, though a little more "of the moment," right now. Buy what you like right now!

LV bags are always here - BBags are beautiful. I think you chose what you are most comfortable with, and personally for me, I'd say that LV gives a certain statement, and the BBags give another statement. Neither is right, neither is wrong. I think in the long term - both bags will be still in vogue - depends really on whether you want 'classic' which I'd say was more LV or 'diva-esque' which I'd say was BBags! So decide which you are - the screen diva or the screen classic!

Whatever your choice - be happy:drool:

I think unless you buy something you adore, it will be a false investment. I figure there is not much point buying a wonderful 'classic' unless I love it as it will sit classically doing nothing in my wardrobe while I get happy with short-term buys! Seriously, it's passion for me and then if faced with equal passion, I might start thinking more strategically but I am heart over head every time.

Couldn't agree more. :yes:

Let's face it, buying a hideously expensive bag is never a totally rational decision.

If we were completely rational beings, we would buy good quality, mid-range bags (i.e. functional bags that are not made in a sweatshop); not designer bags.

Also, as I've said before - IMO, there is no such thing as a true classic, as everything goes in and out of fashion, to one extent or another.

So, why not buy what you enjoy most? :shrugs: