Advice needed: what would you do if you lost an SLG

annilynedr

O.G.
Sep 29, 2008
So, it saddens me to say that I lost my 6 ring key holder in DE and along with it my keys, keys to my parents place, my drivers license, and debit card.

I've already gone to the bank and cancelled my old card and got a new one, am on my way to the DMV to get a new license (good by $20) and to get new keys to my place (since I don't have a spare) I'm out another $110 aaaand lastly, $50 for a new key fob for the doors on the main floor.... Not a good start to the weekend if know.

Anyways... The items listed above were all items that I NEEDED to get replaced. What I'm contemplating is whether or not I should replace the key holder as well. I just got it 2 months ago. So I'm asking you lovely ladies and gentlemen, what would you do?

Also, who knew a pair of keys could be so valuable?!?!

I'm so sorry that happened to you! :hugs: Personally, I would replace it. Maybe not immediately, but eventually, especially if you got a lot of use out of it.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! :hugs: Personally, I would replace it. Maybe not immediately, but eventually, especially if you got a lot of use out of it.

+1

That's a total bummer! Sorry that happened.
And I agree, if it's something that you used a lot, then absolutely, I'd replace it. Maybe try finding a pre-loved one, so that the hit to wallet isn't as bad?

That is terrible, I am so sorry this happened!!! I would replace it today, for sure. Also, not to scare you, but was your address on your license? You should probably have your locks changed. Even if your address was not current, someone who finds it could do an internet search and probably find your address. 😁 like i said, not trying to scare you....but better to be safe!

That is terrible, I am so sorry this happened!!! I would replace it today, for sure. Also, not to scare you, but was your address on your license? You should probably have your locks changed. Even if your address was not current, someone who finds it could do an internet search and probably find your address. 😁 like i said, not trying to scare you....but better to be safe!

Very good point about changing the locks!

Sorry to hear that...yes, I would replace it ...maybe pre-loved for now depending on the price difference..no since in punishing your-self..that would only make you feel worse

I think it depends on how you lost it. Laying it down somewhere? It fell outof bag?
Maybe you need something larger so you will notice it next time. Just a thought

This is an extreme example...but if you got into a car accident...you would replace your car, right?Yes, if this was a useful item and you loved it, you should replace it! Don't beat yourself up!