Advice needed: what would you do if you lost an SLG

I am sorry to hear about your loss. A neighbor who is a policeman said if one ever looses their drivers license they need to file a report with the police station that it is lost. Just going to the DMV to get a new one is not enough. I think it has something to do with possible identity theft happening in the future. Just thought I would share.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. A neighbor who is a policeman said if one ever looses their drivers license they need to file a report with the police station that it is lost. Just going to the DMV to get a new one is not enough. I think it has something to do with possible identity theft happening in the future. Just thought I would share.

Thanks everyone for your support.

I did call the police but where I live, the police said that when I go in to report the card lost to get a new card, the report is already filed with them.

That is terrible, I am so sorry this happened!!! I would replace it today, for sure. Also, not to scare you, but was your address on your license? You should probably have your locks changed. Even if your address was not current, someone who finds it could do an internet search and probably find your address. 😁 like i said, not trying to scare you....but better to be safe!
OMG yes… someone could have your keys and your address. This is why I scratch my address off my drivers licence so if my bag or car are stolen they won't know where I live.

I would replace your key holder. If I didn't, it would make me feel worst and keep reminding me. I hate losing things. When ever I've lost anything I always replace everything as if I've never lost it otherwise I get upset and keep going on about it, I'm a bit weird like that.

So, it saddens me to say that I lost my 6 ring key holder in DE and along with it my keys, keys to my parents place, my drivers license, and debit card.

I've already gone to the bank and cancelled my old card and got a new one, am on my way to the DMV to get a new license (good by $20) and to get new keys to my place (since I don't have a spare) I'm out another $110 aaaand lastly, $50 for a new key fob for the doors on the main floor.... Not a good start to the weekend if know.

Anyways... The items listed above were all items that I NEEDED to get replaced. What I'm contemplating is whether or not I should replace the key holder as well. I just got it 2 months ago. So I'm asking you lovely ladies and gentlemen, what would you do?

Also, who knew a pair of keys could be so valuable?!?!
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this...but I'd suggest changing your locks too...I'm pretty sure my licence has my address on it....and if you lost your keys as well, that's just gift wrapping your home for some bad guys.

As for the SLG, if you like it lots, get one more....maybe in a different pattern so you don't always think of the old one.

That is terrible, I am so sorry this happened!!! I would replace it today, for sure. Also, not to scare you, but was your address on your license? You should probably have your locks changed. Even if your address was not current, someone who finds it could do an internet search and probably find your address. 😁 like i said, not trying to scare you....but better to be safe!
This!

If you loved it and used it a lot, I would replace it.

And like others mentioned, talk to your landlord and have your locks changed. I just checked my license and my full address on it. Not sure if your state/country does the same or not.

Sorry you lost key holder. I hate losing things. :hugs:

I got pick pocketed in New Orleans two years ago right on bourbon street and they got my vernis zcp...I was devastated. Anyway I absolutely replaced it with another one although I did change the color so at least I felt like I got a new piece. The first one was blue nuit and I replaced it with pomme d'amor...

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to follow up with some great news (not sure if anyone is still listening :P lol).

Anyways it's been just over a month since I lost my key cles. I had given up on finding it and decided not to replace it and instead use any money saved towards something new.

Keys and locks changed, new cards and I almost always forget that I once had a key cles.

BUT today I get this weird package from Canada Post that has a sticker that said undeliverable mail. I wasn't sure what that meant when it was clearly addressed to me and I hadn't sent anything out. I open it and behold... My key cles.... With everything in it.... Except the $20 bill I had tucked inside it.

In the envelope was a letter from the post office that said that they found the cles in a postal service mail box and as a courtesy, they're sending it back.

When I thought about it. I remembered that I've heard of people doing that as well, it's a lot easier to put a lost wallet that has an ID in it, in a postal device mailbox and the postal service takes care of it.

Thanks again to whomever sent it back to me... And to whoever took the $20... That's ok, I woulda given it as a reward to anyone who returned my beloved key cles anyways :biggrin:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to follow up with some great news (not sure if anyone is still listening :P lol).

Anyways it's been just over a month since I lost my key cles. I had given up on finding it and decided not to replace it and instead use any money saved towards something new.

Keys and locks changed, new cards and I almost always forget that I once had a key cles.

BUT today I get this weird package from Canada Post that has a sticker that said undeliverable mail. I wasn't sure what that meant when it was clearly addressed to me and I hadn't sent anything out. I open it and behold... My key cles.... With everything in it.... Except the $20 bill I had tucked inside it.

In the envelope was a letter from the post office that said that they found the cles in a postal service mail box and as a courtesy, they're sending it back.

When I thought about it. I remembered that I've heard of people doing that as well, it's a lot easier to put a lost wallet that has an ID in it, in a postal device mailbox and the postal service takes care of it.

Thanks again to whomever sent it back to me... And to whoever took the $20... That's ok, I woulda given it as a reward to anyone who returned my beloved key cles anyways :biggrin:

What great news!!
There was a reason you didn't buy a new one. :biggrin: Glad someone out there did the right thing by putting it in a mailbox.

It's possible the person that returned it found it without the money, that the original person took the money and tossed the cles and someone else found it and returned it. Glad you got it back!

So, it saddens me to say that I lost my 6 ring key holder in DE and along with it my keys, keys to my parents place, my drivers license, and debit card.

I've already gone to the bank and cancelled my old card and got a new one, am on my way to the DMV to get a new license (good by $20) and to get new keys to my place (since I don't have a spare) I'm out another $110 aaaand lastly, $50 for a new key fob for the doors on the main floor.... Not a good start to the weekend if know.

Anyways... The items listed above were all items that I NEEDED to get replaced. What I'm contemplating is whether or not I should replace the key holder as well. I just got it 2 months ago. So I'm asking you lovely ladies and gentlemen, what would you do?

Also, who knew a pair of keys could be so valuable?!?!

A while ago, we were broken into. They took my bag, which had my cles and porchette. Claimed on my contents insurance and replaced all of them. 😬