Chanel Black Lambskin Maxi: Gold or Silver Hardware?

What color hardware for a black lambskin Maxi?

• Gold Hardware

• Silver Hardware

Results are only viewable after voting.

baghagg

Bags and swag are my kryp-tonite
O.G.
Oct 12, 2012
Hi Girls. Thinking about adding a black lambskin Maxi, but I can't decide between gold or silver hardware. Wondering what you all have, wish to have, and why or why not?

I personally love gold! I do own a black bag with silver hardware, however, and love it! But I have found that my jewelry (gold or silver) helps to dictate what bags I use that day. So go with what jewelry you wear the most! :smile:

My flaps have gold, silver, ruthenium but my black caviar maxi is with gold. I wish it were silver. I dress casually and like under the radar stuff so I feel the maxi with gold is too much, ie too dressy/elegant for me. Hence I rarely use the bag. However I have no problem with my reissue 226 with ghw. Maybe it's because I feel people generally don't recognize the reissue as much.

Do you already have one or the other? I like to diversify, so I have both hardwares 😸.

I have ruthenium hardware on my two reissues (a 226 and a tote, not black); I have gold hardware on my caviar Jumbo Beige Claire and I have silver hardware on my (only black) patent Timeless CC. I also have a (now) vintage tote in black suede which has a matte gold CC clasp.

I have ruthenium hardware on my two reissues (a 226 and a tote, not black); I have gold hardware on my caviar Jumbo Beige Claire and I have silver hardware on my (only black) patent Timeless CC. I also have a (now) vintage tote in black suede which has a matte gold CC clasp.

Then, I will go with shw for your black maxi :smile:

Here's my two cents lol. If you are purchasing lambskin go with GHW. I think the lamb is stunning with GHW. However, I love the SHW with caviar. As Tutu would say, go with the one you LOVE😊!