the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have but we're all over the place...problem is I have very exp taste!! So either have less exp taste or put more down since we want to keep our manhattan apt. We looked most recently in park slope!!

Except now hubby is talking of cutting way back for an early retirement after reading about a guy who will be able to retire at 32.
Wow, 32. How much are homes in NYC. In Hawaii a real dump that needs tons of repairs and on a small piece of land will sell for about $800,000. It is really sad. I feel sorry for my kids.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have trouble quoting here? Sometimes the icon doesn't show up .... grr..
Anyway the sun has long risen and its a clear blue sky .... despite wonderful visibility, it's strange that we still can't catch sight of the snow yukon.... hmmm

AJ, its no problem getting the earl grey. Its just that someone introduced me to madame grey. All it took was a whiff and a sip.

Thanks to all for giving a pat on Nemo!

Nyc, can emphatize with you on your lavender blues. Sometimes its good to not force the issue. Somehow it will come along when everything is in place.

Thanks Tiffins!!

Wow, 32. How much are homes in NYC. In Hawaii and real dump that needs tons of repairs and on a small piece of land will sell for about $800,000. It is really sad. I feel sorry for my kids.

It really ranges silver mom. A decent 1br in manhattan can be $1mn or more. A house really ranges but in the most desirable areas, a 4br house can be $2nn and need to be completely gutted.

I unfortunately keep falling in love with houses that are too much $$$. Have to listen to wisdom that we have to be conservative in case one of us loses our job or something.

Lol but to retire in 5 years as hubby says, we'd have to stay in our apt and try to start a family in a 1br. Short v long term view....

I dunno...

It really ranges silver mom. A decent 1br in manhattan can be $1mn or more. A house really ranges but in the most desirable areas, a 4br house can be $2nn and need to be completely gutted.

I unfortunately keep falling in love with houses that are too much $$$. Have to listen to wisdom that we have to be conservative in case one of us loses our job or something.

Lol but to retire in 5 years as hubby says, we'd have to stay in our apt and try to start a family in a 1br. Short v long term view....

I dunno...
Wow, that is REALLY so EXPENSIVE. Yikes!!!!! How do people even live in NYC. I don't know what I would do. How could anyone retire at 32. That would be amazing.

Yes that is the size lot of the $800,000 one I told you about earlier. Man it is really hard now a days. Sometimes I think it is just easier to rent. No more worries about maintenace of the house when you get older. Might be worth it to just rent if there are nice places.

That's true. Hubby says if we rent out our manhattan apt, it may cover rent for a house in the NYC boroughs (farther from city center which is manhattan).

But not sure if will be old,

Oh the headache!! Thanks for the commiseration silver mom!

That's true. Hubby says if we rent out our manhattan apt, it may cover rent for a house in the NYC boroughs (farther from city center which is manhattan).

But not sure if will be old,

Oh the headache!! Thanks for the commiseration silver mom!
I feel your pain. I feel that way for my kids too. NYC is even more expensive than Hawaii. I thought it was really bad here. BUMMERS NYC P. When my son was going to NYU he had to rent a super small room that was as big as a closet and the rent was high. He didn't want to stay in the dorm. I don't know how the young people do it. The luckiest ones are the two Mochis. They get to live in a nice place for free.

I feel your pain. I feel that way for my kids too. NYC is even more expensive than Hawaii. I thought it was really bad here. BUMMERS NYC P. When my son was going to NYU he had to rent a super small room that was as big as a closet and the rent was high. He didn't want to stay in the dorm. I don't know how the young people do it. The luckiest ones are the two Mochis. They get to live in a nice place for free.

Rofl!!! I tell gold Mochi all the time that he is the top 1% of cats lol.

I went to NYU too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.