The pink predicament

I hesitated, rationalized, analyzed and reconfigured every possible combination of the pink classics, to see if there was any way to get away with owning just one...

But m/l lamskin was simply tooooooo perfect in every way for me to forgo and a patent jumbo would be perfect by day (in an all pink world)

So sitting a million miles away I had my SA have one delivered to my home, I had to have DH give it the preliminary inspection (for obvious flaws), (over face time of course, hehe) and leave it waiting in the study for me...

Attachments

• <untitled> (1) copy 2.jpg
    <untitled> (1) copy 2.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 914
I think the problem is that ALL the photos so far that show BOTH the Lamb and Patent together are misleading because in the photos the two look quite similar, as if one is just a shiny version of the other. However, in real life the two are VERY different which is why so many are compelled to own both! If they looked as similar as they are portrayed in the photos, you would not be compelled to own both.

Ok Escala, how would you best describe the fuchsia lamb and how would you best describe the fuchsia patent?

To me the fuchsia patebt looks like a candy watermelon color if that makes sense....ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396847610.769938.jpg

And it varies in daylight to indoors....

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396847624.634919.jpg

I hesitated, rationalized, analyzed and reconfigured every possible combination of the pink classics, to see if there was any way to get away with owning just one...

But m/l lamskin was simply tooooooo perfect in every way for me to forgo and a patent jumbo would be perfect by day (in an all pink world)

So sitting a million miles away I had my SA have one delivered to my home, I had to have DH give it the preliminary inspection (for obvious flaws), (over face time of course, hehe) and leave it waiting in the study for me...

In your opinion would you say the fuchsia lamb is the red lovers type of pink and the patent fuchsia more of the blues lovers type of pink?

********, I saw a fuchsia patent WOC yesterday and quite honestly, it really did not WOW me. I wasn't even tempted to bring her home and I had been contemplating getting her in addition to the fuchsia lamb mini I'm waiting for. However, after seeing your pic of your patent jumbo and Cuteandcouture's mod pic of her patent mini, I'm thinking perhaps patent looks better on flaps vs. WOC's? :confused1:

********, I saw a fuchsia patent WOC yesterday and quite honestly, it really did not WOW me. I wasn't even tempted to bring her home and I had been contemplating getting her in addition to the fuchsia lamb mini I'm waiting for. However, after seeing your pic of your patent jumbo and Cuteandcouture's mod pic of her patent mini, I'm thinking perhaps patent looks better on flaps vs. WOC's? :confused1:

I think on the WOC bc the quilts are less puffy it ends up making the patent look more flat which in turn may make the WOC look less wow maybe for you??

I think on the WOC bc the quilts are less puffy it ends up making the patent look more flat which in turn may make the WOC look less wow maybe for you??
Yes, that's it exactly, Cuteandcouture! It did look more flat than I expected, because my distressed reissue WOC is a lot more puffy than the fuchsia patent WOC. I think one of features I love about patent is the glossiness and depth reflected in the puffiness of the quilts. :smile:

Ok Escala, how would you best describe the fuchsia lamb and how would you best describe the fuchsia patent?

To me the fuchsia patebt looks like a candy watermelon color if that makes sense....View attachment 2570329

And it varies in daylight to indoors....

View attachment 2570330
Yummy! I absolutely love the indoor pic of your fuchsia patent. I definitely notice the shiny puffy quilts! :biggrin:

I took these pics for my blog feature called THE FUCHSIA FRENZY ( I know many of you have already seen them) but for the rest, I'll post just a small sampling :love: (some of my favorite pics till date, :hbeat:)
Love these beautiful photo/masterpieces :biggrin:

:love: :love:
We are definately sisters/bag twins :3

I'll ask everyone this time....ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396857181.698247.jpg

Narrowing ********'s comparison pic....

For those of you who have seen the fuchsias in patent and lamb....

Since the patent has a blue-ish undertone.... Would you say that the fuchsia patent would appeal more to the blue lovers (cooler toned) crowd? Conversely, would you believe the bright fuchsia on the lamb is more appealing to the reds/orange (warmer toned) loving crowds? Anyone can chime in.... I'd love to hear your thoughts....

when I saw lamb I knew it was it for me. But then pictures of patent came flooding so I thought to myself maybe I should look at it just to be sure. the thought of buying both to ship to me so I can see them both IRL has crossed my mind. but I wanted them both shipped at the same time or otherwise I don't want to hang on to one bag for a while and ended up STUCK with it in case the other one get held up. Since both are not available at the same time, I decided to stick to my original decision and jump on the lamb, forget about the patent and move on... there are already some tough decision on colors - blue, yellow, orange, light pink? and I don't want to add another on top of all of that.

I haven't received my lamb yet... (it will be here this week for sure) but I am hoping it will be love at first sight.
Please do post pics when you get it H-Angel? :smile: x

I'll ask everyone this time....View attachment 2570445

Narrowing ********'s comparison pic....

For those of you who have seen the fuchsias in patent and lamb....

Since the patent has a blue-ish undertone.... Would you say that the fuchsia patent would appeal more to the blue lovers (cooler toned) crowd? Conversely, would you believe the bright fuchsia on the lamb is more appealing to the reds/orange (warmer toned) loving crowds? Anyone can chime in.... I'd love to hear your thoughts....
Hmmm. Honestly, I'm just not that analytical with color choices, Cuteandcouture. I don't think the undertones are necessarily what separates fuchsia lamb vs. patent lovers. I think maybe it has more to do with the type of leather and its pros and cons, plus the overall appearance of the bag and which leather is more visually appealing to each person.

Maybe I'm just a simple person, but I think I like both simply because I think the colors are so pretty on both the lamb and patent, and I like lamb better due to the feel and more vibrant color IMO. Patent is shiny, glossy and candy-like and lamb is saturated, rich and vibrant. Whichever one you're more attracted to is likely the one you will choose. Do you like shiny lip gloss or matte lipstick? :biggrin:

Also, either I did not notice any difference in undertones when comparing the two or I did not even think to go that deep in evaluation, because I also couldn't confirm that patent has cooler undertones and lamb has warmer undertones. I really don't know, but next time I get a chance to see both IRL, I will take a closer look at the undertones! :smile:

Here's a mod pic I took on Saturday with a fuchsia lamb boy clutch and a fuchsia patent WOC. Again, I see matte vs. glossy. ;)

Attachments

• 2014-04-07 02.38.24.jpg
    2014-04-07 02.38.24.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 814
Hahaha. You're very analytical. It's like you're trying to choose the right shade of red lipstick going into detail about blue tone vs. orange tone. When you could probably rock either. :smile:

Personally, fuschia is fuschia. I see a woman carrying a fuschia handbag, I think she's cool.

In terms of leather, hands down I prefer lamb. There's just no comparison in my opinion. I don't like the candy, plastic look of patent bags, so I'm very biased.

I also hate hold patent leather changes color over time. If you ever own one you'll understand the predicament, unlike you have some in black patent then that's a whole other story.

Hmmm. Honestly, I'm just not that analytical with color choices, Cuteandcouture. I don't think the undertones are necessarily what separates fuchsia lamb vs. patent lovers. I think maybe it has more to do with the type of leather and its pros and cons, plus the overall appearance of the bag and which leather is more visually appealing to each person.

Maybe I'm just a simple person, but I think I like both simply because I think the colors are so pretty on both the lamb and patent, and I like lamb better due to the feel and more vibrant color IMO. Patent is shiny, glossy and candy-like and lamb is saturated, rich and vibrant. Whichever one you're more attracted to is likely the one you will choose. Do you like shiny lip gloss or matte lipstick? :biggrin:

Also, either I did not notice any difference in undertones when comparing the two or I did not even think to go that deep in evaluation, because I also couldn't confirm that patent has cooler undertones and lamb has warmer undertones. I really don't know, but next time I get a chance to see both IRL, I will take a closer look at the undertones! :smile:

Here's a mod pic I took on Saturday with a fuchsia lamb boy clutch and a fuchsia patent WOC. Again, I see

matte vs. glossy. ;)

Haha..... I guess I'm just thinking too much..... To me they aren't the same shade at all....but I do think the boy lamb is different than the classic flap lamb in terms of their fuchsia too.... But if the mini lamb is in the same tone as the boy, I think I'm going w the patent bc I prefer cooler color tones.... And I don't have patent yet so it may round out my small collection....I was just curious if anyone saw that color association like I did...

Hahaha. You're very analytical. It's like you're trying to choose the right shade of red lipstick going into detail about blue tone vs. orange tone. When you could probably rock either. :smile:

Personally, fuschia is fuschia. I see a woman carrying a fuschia handbag, I think she's cool.

In terms of leather, hands down I prefer lamb. There's just no comparison in my opinion. I don't like the candy, plastic look of patent bags, so I'm very biased.

I also hate hold patent leather changes color over time. If you ever own one you'll understand the predicament, unlike you have some in black patent then that's a whole other story.

It's funny but it's true! When I do buy lipstick I really do have to get right shade. Traditional red lipstick looks orange on me.... Unless it has blue in it....sure I can prob rock both.... But which is most appealing?? Lol patent leather changes color? Is that a light color bag problem or is that across the board kinda problem???
I guess if lamb has a cool tone in person it will make my decision tougher but if the lamb is too warm for me despite loving how lamb feels I may just go with the patent lol

Very true about not feeding into popular opinion! I value tpfer's assessment greatly and appreciate the vast number of pictures being posted since my schedule did not allow me to view them in person.

I am normally drawn to both patents and lambs but lambs seemed to be getting more "votes", so to speak. However, when I have finally decided to get myself a flap in the medium size, the puffier quilts on a lamb flap is what drawn me in getting it in lamb!

Of course I could not stop thinking about the patent and I ended up getting the patent fuchsia in the WOC as well. I'm not concerned about color transfers since I've had really good runs with Chanel patents, flaps or not. Patent in a woc works out better for me because of its durability since I will be wearing it as a crossbody purse/clutch.

Yes with the craziness of this frenzy to get the bags ASAP by the SA's, it's imperative to get these items before they are sold out... but at the same time we need to figure out what it is we love vs not feeding into what popular opinion is.... So it's very hard to come to a decision on your own unless you know exactly what you love or see for yourself....