Ever feel like you can't carry your LV somewhere?

It's all about confidence. If you are self conscious about the bag you're carrying, people will pick up on your insecurity. So wear your LV as though it was just another gift from one of your many swains, the short froggy one, prince though he may be. Exude confidence and people will attribute that indefinable "It" to you and not your LV.

I agree with you. Confidence is the key unless a group of people are targeting you.

And for OP there is nothing wrong being middle aged and wearing monogram bags !

People tell me that people stare at my bags a lot but I don't ever notice anymore lol. Once you start carrying it you don't even notice any attention you may be getting. Plus in a small town a lot of people may not even know about the ebene line at all. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

That's true :smile: I had worries when I first got my Burberry bag, but once I started carrying it out I didn't even think about it. I'll probably just do that with my LV! Thanks!

Darn those middle aged women and their monogram bags LOL!

OP, I think you need to wear the bag with your head held high, or sell it and buy something you're more comfortable carrying. Yes, I do not carry an LV to certain places...the barn, horse shows, or anyplace that I could be targeted for crime...otherwise I carry it everywhere, even in my small town.

I just bought my first ever LV bag (a pre-loved DE Duomo) a few weeks ago and I have yet to carry it anywhere!

I live in a small town in Virginia, where you don't see many LV's on younger women like myself. Around here, you usually see more monogram canvas bags on middle aged women who are obviously well off and like to show it.

I bought a pre-loved DE Josephine wallet at the same time and I've felt comfortable enough to venture out with it, but I do get a lot of glares from all different kinds of people around here which is why I haven't carried the bag out yet.

Does anyone else live in a small town? Do you get dirty looks when you carry your LV bag?

I live in a small college town and I know exactly where you are coming from .. LV is super rare here .. I was super nervous and super careful when I got my first LV in April of last yr .. it was super hard for me to deal with .. I actually sold that LV but this yr while my hubby has been on deployment I have gone LV crazy and I have gotten over the whole thing and I carry my bag everywhere and I don't care what people say or whatever cause my bills are paid my child is more then taken care of and we all deserve nice things if we can afford them so I say don't worry about the other and rock your LV with pride no sense in dropping 1k plus on a bag and worrying what others will say !! Hugs xoxo good luck

I live in a small town in Virginia, and just got my first LV in February. I have been carrying my Speedy DE and I don't think most people here even know that it is LV. I have a Neverfull in monogram but I haven't carried it yet. Most of my SLGs are monogram and I have been using them as well.

I got my first mono bag and I am 49. I only carry on my off days due to the fact that I dont have a secure place to put my bag during working hours.

Sometimes when I go back to my hometown I get stares but it's just that there's no LV within my province! So yeah sometimes it awkward but I get over it pretty quick and I usually get tons of comments and compliments on whatever I'm carrying!!

really? i thought DE is the less conspicuous print and it doesn't scream "LOOK AT ME, I'M LV!" lol. just forget what other ppl think, they can't judge you. do what makes you happy, flaunt it!

I live in a small town in the UK and it does feel a little weird wearing designer items. I'm struggling finding anyone who would enjoy design and quality the way I do. I don't care much about people on the street but I can't ignore people at work so I ended up use my LV bags as weekend or occasional bags. I really want a neverful for everyday bag at the moment though. lol
I completely understand your feeling. People at work are harder to deal with than just strangers on the street. My coworkers give me flack all the time about my love for designer things... one of them, after a year of hating, has started to copy my style :yucky:

Darn those middle aged women and their monogram bags LOL!

OP, I think you need to wear the bag with your head held high, or sell it and buy something you're more comfortable carrying. Yes, I do not carry an LV to certain places...the barn, horse shows, or anyplace that I could be targeted for crime...otherwise I carry it everywhere, even in my small town.
It's weird, I'm comfortable carrying a Burberry haymarket check but I guess since it's my first LV I'm a little nervous!

I agree with you. Confidence is the key unless a group of people are targeting you.

And for OP there is nothing wrong being middle aged and wearing monogram bags !
I hope you know that I meant no harm when I mentioned middle aged women with monogram. My apologies if it offended you or anyone in any way. My mom was a middle aged woman who carried nothing but monogram LVs. DE might be more my style, but I don't think badly of anyone who thinks otherwise!

I only mentioned it to say that that's what we usually see around here :smile:

I live in a small college town and I know exactly where you are coming from .. LV is super rare here .. I was super nervous and super careful when I got my first LV in April of last yr .. it was super hard for me to deal with .. I actually sold that LV but this yr while my hubby has been on deployment I have gone LV crazy and I have gotten over the whole thing and I carry my bag everywhere and I don't care what people say or whatever cause my bills are paid my child is more then taken care of and we all deserve nice things if we can afford them so I say don't worry about the other and rock your LV with pride no sense in dropping 1k plus on a bag and worrying what others will say !! Hugs xoxo good luck
Ugh, you're so right. LV is too pretty not to rock as I please. Thank you :smile:

I live in a small town in Virginia, and just got my first LV in February. I have been carrying my Speedy DE and I don't think most people here even know that it is LV. I have a Neverfull in monogram but I haven't carried it yet. Most of my SLGs are monogram and I have been using them as well.
Oh, another Virginian! Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?? :smile:

Sometimes when I go back to my hometown I get stares but it's just that there's no LV within my province! So yeah sometimes it awkward but I get over it pretty quick and I usually get tons of comments and compliments on whatever I'm carrying!!
There is no LV close by here either so maybe that's what it is! The closest LV is 3-4 hour drive away :-s

really? i thought DE is the less conspicuous print and it doesn't scream "LOOK AT ME, I'M LV!" lol. just forget what other ppl think, they can't judge you. do what makes you happy, flaunt it!
I guess I don't see DE as that conspicuous because even when I wasn't familiar with any designer stuff, I was familiar with DE canvas