The EXOTICS Club! For bags that ~bite~

I just received a leighton in embossed ostrich from FOS. Will post pics soon. I love the bag but I'm conserned about the ostrich bumps rubbing and losing color. Does anyone have experience with the durability of Coach's ostrich embossing?

I just received a leighton in embossed ostrich from FOS. Will post pics soon. I love the bag but I'm conserned about the ostrich bumps rubbing and losing color. Does anyone have experience with the durability of Coach's ostrich embossing?
Congrats!!! Leighton is a beautiful bag! What color did you get?

I have the same bag...I have had no issues with it. In fact, the leather seems very durable.

Congrats!!! Leighton is a beautiful bag! What color did you get?

I have the same bag...I have had no issues with it. In fact, the leather seems very durable.

Oh that is great to hear! Thanks for the reply ::smile: I got it in grey (graphite I think, will have to check the tag). She is so beautiful. I am not hard on bags, but really don't want to have to worry about babying all the time. I feel like I got a pretty good deal but it was still toward my upper end for a bag. So, thanks again. I wanted to make sure before cutting the tags :graucho:

Avery croc embossed slate

DSCF0109.jpg
DSCF0111.jpg

Hello! My wonderful husband bought me the Croc Embossed Preston Satchel on FOS for Christmas. I LOVE THIS BAG. However, upon close inspection I noticed that quite a few of the scales seemed to be lifting along the edges. Is this normal? Or is this something that I can correct? Thank you for all your help ladies!

Hello! My wonderful husband bought me the Croc Embossed Preston Satchel on FOS for Christmas. I LOVE THIS BAG. However, upon close inspection I noticed that quite a few of the scales seemed to be lifting along the edges. Is this normal? Or is this something that I can correct? Thank you for all your help ladies!

Unfortunately this does happen, perhaps because the embossing is deeper than on most. I took a Carrie croc bag in to the Coach store to ask about this once and was told I could return it, but the SAs both said that it gives the bag a more realistic look. Never having seen a real croc bag, I have no idea if that's true. But I have seen less expensive croc bags and the embossing can be shallow and fake looking. I decided to accept it as it does look nicer with the deeper embossing. I've since bought other Coach croc bags with similar embossing and I don't mind it now. If it bothers you, I have used the Coach conditioner on these bags and it does seem to minimize the "lifting" look, if you want to try doing that it may help.

I did find time to follow katierose's advice and I am so happy I did! I am posting a before and after. It is hard to tell by picture alone, but she is a different bag after some moisturizing! The scales looked flaky and brittle before but they lay nicely down and the bag is supple and a lot "healthier" looking! Thanks again Katierose!

Attachments

• 20150103_184907.jpg
    20150103_184907.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 285