The EXOTICS Club! For bags that ~bite~

Unfortunately this does happen, perhaps because the embossing is deeper than on most. I took a Carrie croc bag in to the Coach store to ask about this once and was told I could return it, but the SAs both said that it gives the bag a more realistic look. Never having seen a real croc bag, I have no idea if that's true. But I have seen less expensive croc bags and the embossing can be shallow and fake looking. I decided to accept it as it does look nicer with the deeper embossing. I've since bought other Coach croc bags with similar embossing and I don't mind it now. If it bothers you, I have used the Coach conditioner on these bags and it does seem to minimize the "lifting" look, if you want to try doing that it may help.

Have you used this on Embossed Python too or only Embossed Leather?

I did find time to follow katierose's advice and I am so happy I did! I am posting a before and after. It is hard to tell by picture alone, but she is a different bag after some moisturizing! The scales looked flaky and brittle before but they lay nicely down and the bag is supple and a lot "healthier" looking! Thanks again Katierose!

You are welcome. I'm glad the conditioner improved the texture.

Have you used this on Embossed Python too or only Embossed Leather?

No I have not tried in on the python. Some of them have unusual leather textures, like metallic specs and some a suede like feeling.
I read here somewhere that someone used the conditioner on the metallic python and it lost a lot of it's shine.
I would only use it on a bag with a leather texture like the Preston Mumsprettythings posted.

No I have not tried in on the python. Some of them have unusual leather textures, like metallic specs and some a suede like feeling.
I read here somewhere that someone used the conditioner on the metallic python and it lost a lot of it's shine.
I would only use it on a bag with a leather texture like the Preston Mumsprettythings posted.

Thanks!

The bag on the left is mine (croc embossed Crosby in Grey Birch), the other two are bags I sadly left behind at the Coach boutique (python embossed Gramercy and Crosby). :sad: ;)

Attachments

• 2015-03-23 23.08.06.jpg
    2015-03-23 23.08.06.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 282
672CC589-CEC1-4F17-9247-ADF7A81F4976.jpeg 616AB31C-EBF2-4D30-8624-5DBA5C55DA03.jpeg 8BF7C1AA-1F92-4D40-B97C-6DAC39C09AB6.jpeg 693A598E-B1CE-49A8-9262-235C6D4BA8A6.jpeg 26F9FA3C-1928-402A-91FD-C5A61C0DCBDC.jpeg
New to me Coach Maggi Python 18929. It appears to have glue on a few edges. Any ideas on how to remove it? Alcohol, Awesome cleaner, Goo Gone, and nail polish remover have all been tried. Also is the lifting of the scales normal or wear? Thanks!

Reactions: katev