Lexington Shopper in pebbled leather (not the small)

Mom2jtv

Coach Lover
Nov 27, 2012
Hey there, I feel like a visitor to this thread as I'm usually mostly on the Coach forum, but since D&B has so many lovely purple bags, I can see myself starting a new collection. :smile:

My first bag purchase is the Lexington Shopper, regular size. It's in the purple pebbled leather and is gorgeous. Does anyone have this bag?

I wanted to know if the leather relaxes with use and if the bag gains a little...slouch? She's so square and structured right now that I'm not sure I love her. I put my stuff in there and she's such a comfy bag to carry and all that, and the size is great. It's just the boxy look, I'm not sure I love when she's just sitting idle.

I would love to hear your thoughts/experiences with this bag.

Thanks!

Howdy and welcome to the Dooney board!! Congrats on your gorgeous new Lexington; those are great totes! In my experience, the structured Lexington totes don't ever slouch very much. They do get a little softer with use, but will always stand up because of the way they are constructed.

You might consider the Chelsea tote instead. It is also pebbled leather, but it definitely gets slouchy.

ETA--here's a pic of my Chelsea tote...

b6e60256-c507-46ec-a9ef-cc55055bc692_zpsd8048095.jpg

I have two Lexingtons, one snakeskin, one pebble leather. They do not slouch and I do not think they ever will because of their construction.
I love the tailored look of the Lexington, and they are very comfortable to carry.

Howdy and welcome to the Dooney board!! Congrats on your gorgeous new Lexington; those are great totes! In my experience, the structured Lexington totes don't ever slouch very much. They do get a little softer with use, but will always stand up because of the way they are constructed.

You might consider the Chelsea tote instead. It is also pebbled leather, but it definitely gets slouchy.

Oh, I like that!! Thanks for sharing your lovely bag!

Thanks for the comments. I don't expect it would slouch, I guess that's probably not the right word. I guess maybe I'm wishing it would maybe end, pucker in on the sides, just look a little less boxy.

I really like the Charleston shopper in the pebbled leather also, but the strap drop is too short for me. I love the length on the Lexington. Although, I do prefer the interior of the Charleston.

Hmmm, I have a few more days before I have to make a decision on the return (ordered from Ilovedooney.com) so I'll consider it some more. I wish there were more pictures in this forum so I could ogle the beautiful Dooney offerings!

I have two Lexingtons, one snakeskin, one pebble leather. They do not slouch and I do not think they ever will because of their construction.
I love the tailored look of the Lexington, and they are very comfortable to carry.

The kitty in your avatar pic is adorable! Is it yours? I love kitties!

Okay, not fair, this beautiful bag doesn't come in purple!

Thanks for the comments. I don't expect it would slouch, I guess that's probably not the right word. I guess maybe I'm wishing it would maybe end, pucker in on the sides, just look a little less boxy.

I really like the Charleston shopper in the pebbled leather also, but the strap drop is too short for me. I love the length on the Lexington. Although, I do prefer the interior of the Charleston.

Hmmm, I have a few more days before I have to make a decision on the return (ordered from Ilovedooney.com) so I'll consider it some more. I wish there were more pictures in this forum so I could ogle the beautiful Dooney offerings!

This is exactly what I meant by slouching ;) The sides have definitely softened up and have a slight slouch to them. The rest of the bag does not.