the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Colorado,

Ski Jadeite here. I found this fantastic Jade Thread (started with the old one) about a week ago while researching for my very first jadeite bangle. I have to thank you all lovely ladies for sharing all the knowledge -- not to mention your beautiful collections -- here. I was thinking about getting *one* bangle for my upcoming birthday. After seeing all the pictures, etc., oh boy, how I am in trouble now...

My family is in Singapore and I love shopping there!! Hope to visit Sing sometime soon so I could jade hunting there (and eat the yummy food). But for now I have to go online and if it's not too much trouble, would love a bit guidance and comments from you lovely ladies.

I ordered a bangle from UJ a few days ago. It's the bicolor white and apple green, fine texture, translucent, 54.2mm, D profile, usd 835. One note though:
"The width of white part (1/3 of the bangle) is slightly thinner (1.8mm) yet it's not very obvious when the bangle is on your wrist. There is a short stone line, which cannot be felt with your fingernail, near the edge as it can be seen in the last photo."

I will try to post a picture after this. For now, please feel free to comment -- getting my very first bangle at that price point with some obvious flaws.

Thanks in advance!

SkiJ
Hmm, just realized I don't know how to attach picture here. :sad:

SkiJ

Bernie, it really looks legit to me. Are you going to have it checked by the local gemologist? It says Cma and you do see the pic online. Those are all really good signs. Of course, I can never say for sure but if it were mine, Id do the UV test, then take it to the gemologist if I had any doubts. But I might not have any.

Thanks ...What kind of Uv do i need Claire . Is those handheld uv torch good enough ?
I might bring this to the gemologist when i have next $$$ purchase ...

I think I know which bangle u bought . It's jade karma here;) , I saw that bangle and tried it on so did one of the sisters . A belated welcome by the way . U can go to advance posting mode and attached the picture by picking out manage attachment HTH !
Hello bernie,

Thanks for the welcome. Waaaaaa, now you have to tell me what you think of the bangle as it's now in the mail and it won't get here until March 26 the earliest. No sugar coating, please (as clairejune said one time).

Ok, will try to figure out how to post photo.

Thanks much in advance!

P.S. My next hunt is a black bangle like yours, bernie. So versatile!!

Hello bernie,

Thanks for the welcome. Waaaaaa, now you have to tell me what you think of the bangle as it's now in the mail and it won't get here until March 26 the earliest. No sugar coating, please (as clairejune said one time).

Ok, will try to figure out how to post photo.

Thanks much in advance!

P.S. My next hunt is a black bangle like yours, bernie. So versatile!!
Btw, what is Jade Karma? Still learning here :smile:.

Do u like contrast Silver mom . If u do , then bits of snow and flakes makes for a very intersting bangle to look at .

And rememebr you do have a full green oval (?) from jojo .

I personally think that abit of snow and inclusion adds to the translucent beauty of the Yukon . But that's just me .

You could ask for a more even green on one side and some snow on the other , so u will never get tired of it as u can spin it to face up as u wish

flip_zps44038ad8.jpg

The 'snow flakes 'faces up one side , and more even green on the other side .

I remebr u have this dilemma too when u were picking your silver from Alice , it depends if u like contrast better than a more even green bangle .

I m getting excited for u :smile:
Bernie, this is a very GOOD explanation. I think I will get the snow and white like you say. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Glad I asked you gals.

Dear all , Is this legit ? I tried to track it on website and mine can be tracked .

Is yours the same website LUSA

Claire do u have any idea ? Somehow it looks very green and i m abit afraid , but it's not very expensive so i wonder if the cert provided is legit since it can be tracked and shows up at the 3rd picture when i key in the item code and weight ...

http://www.gtc-china.cn/
I really think this is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.