Wearing No Hermes Items into Hermes Store

jasperella

O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
For some reason I feel like I need to be wearing my Hermes stuff (Kelly, scarf, clic-clack, etc) when I visit my store. I actually feel bad when I am carrying another designer's bag when I visit. Do any of you feel the same? Do the SA's take notice?

I want to go visit my store today, but I am carrying a Prada bag! :rolleyes:

I go into our store all the time not wearing any Hermes. I almost do it defiantly! LOL!

Although, I think they're trained to compliment you when you walk in, I never go in there without receiving a compliment on what I'm wearing - usually something from them (Hermes) - almost to the point where I don't believe them anymore, KWIM?

I'm gonna go in there in trackkies one day, thongs (flip-flops translated for the US people) and un-brushed hair and see if I still get a compliment!

BTW - go and check out all the Lindy's! I was in there last night - there are SO MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, since I don't own any H bags yet- I am an expert in this area!:P But when I went to Beverly Hills, I was wearing my Ink Balenciaga City, and I was really surprised by the SA's reaction. She loved it, and actually tried it on and played with it, and was very complimentary. We had a blast! She then told me of H bags that she thought I would love!

^^Great question! Most times I've visited an Hermes store, I am dressed casually nice, but I don't have one of their bags. with me. Maybe this is why they show me bags, b/c they want me to walk out with an Hermes bag:P

ITA with Jag - not everyone has H to wear into the store (although I know you do). Although sounds like you could do with a Lindy... you know.... if there are so many ;)

A - you could always go in and tell them you didn't feel right because you weren't wearing any Hermes, so you've come in to buy something!! LMAO!!

THAT is GOLD! LOL! :roflmfao: Must use that. Such good ammo for "hinting" about you-know-what bag.

I'm going to be defiant today, yes!!

Jag, I would have been stunned if I got that reaction you did! How fun!

I swear, they have at LEAST 30.

Oh for heavens sake! I gotta see this. So the glass cabinet must be full of them, with no other styles, and they must be scattered all around the room as well. At least I'll know what they look like now.

Are there all types of colours/leathers? Might be a good way to check out the leathers without having to conjure up the precious leather book.