Patent flap owners...urgent question!!

*MJ*

Joyful and grateful
O.G.
Jul 8, 2008
Hi ladies!! I received the jumbo patent in fuchsia today, and I noticed that the sides have some wrinkling. I wonder if this is normal? I have one other patent jumbo in dark blue, and there is some wrinkling too...but it seems more noticeable on the pink. Obviously with patent this is to be expected a bit, I just wanted your opinions on it. 😊

Thanks!! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394646366.402569.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394646388.767942.jpg

Hi ladies!! I received the jumbo patent in fuchsia today, and I noticed that the sides have some wrinkling. I wonder if this is normal? I have one other patent jumbo in dark blue, and there is some wrinkling too...but it seems more noticeable on the pink. Obviously with patent this is to be expected a bit, I just wanted your opinions on it. 😊

Thanks!! View attachment 2539841View attachment 2539842

Mine come like yours ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394647101.127286.jpg

It's normal that patent leather has winkles on the side. The green mini I have also has the winkles as well, but not on my clutch with chain. I think the winkles occurs depend on the style and shape.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394659282.350758.jpg

Congrats on your gorgeous flap. Patent leather can show wrinkles, but it depends a lot on the style. I have a patent Chanel tote without any wrinkles, but with color transfer. So make sure you clean your bag after noticing any color transfer. If you wait too long, it will be virtually impossible to clean.

Hi ladies!! I received the jumbo patent in fuchsia today, and I noticed that the sides have some wrinkling. I wonder if this is normal? I have one other patent jumbo in dark blue, and there is some wrinkling too...but it seems more noticeable on the pink. Obviously with patent this is to be expected a bit, I just wanted your opinions on it. ��

Thanks!! View attachment 2539841View attachment 2539842
Congrats on your gorgeous jumbo, MJ! I don't have a patent jumbo but have a patent reissue in burgundy and just checked. There is some wrinkling on the sides but due to the darker color it is not so noticeable. This seems to be a "quality" of the patent leather.
If you can enjoy your bag as is or if you can find another one exchange it but there is no warranty the new will be much different, it seems. I would say enjoy your bag!!!
Can you please post the color code of the fuchsia patent? TIA! It is so gorgeous!

Thanks to everyone for your input!! It really helped!! 👍😘💖💖

I'm definitely keeping it, since wrinkling on the sides seems to be common with Chanel patent, and certainly doesn't detract from the beauty of the bag!! I just love the Fuschia patent!! 💕💕

Congrats on your gorgeous jumbo, MJ! I don't have a patent jumbo but have a patent reissue in burgundy and just checked. There is some wrinkling on the sides but due to the darker color it is not so noticeable. This seems to be a "quality" of the patent leather.
If you can enjoy your bag as is or if you can find another one exchange it but there is no warranty the new will be much different, it seems. I would say enjoy your bag!!!
Can you please post the color code of the fuchsia patent? TIA! It is so gorgeous!

Thanks Martinibeach!! 😘😘😘

I decided to keep it...since I found out, thanks to you lovely ladies here, that this is a characteristic of the patent, not a defect. 👍

The color code is 0A419 😃

Thanks Martinibeach!! 😘😘😘

I decided to keep it...since I found out, thanks to you lovely ladies here, that this is a characteristic of the patent, not a defect. 👍

The color code is 0A419 😃
YAY, congrats again!

And thank you for the color code, I will order this and run into the risk of having wrinkled sides of a new bag but I am so ready to take this risk!!:biggrin: