Patent flap owners...urgent question!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies!! I received the jumbo patent in fuchsia today, and I noticed that the sides have some wrinkling. I wonder if this is normal? I have one other patent jumbo in dark blue, and there is some wrinkling too...but it seems more noticeable on the pink. Obviously with patent this is to be expected a bit, I just wanted your opinions on it. 😊

Thanks!! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394646366.402569.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394646388.767942.jpg

2. Mine come like yours ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394647101.127286.jpg

3. I think that's really normal... That likely to happen with patent leather, so no big deal I would say

:tup::tup::tup: enjoy your beautiful bags!!!

4. Patent flap owners Will the patent wrinkle on top of the flap from opening it?

5. It's normal that patent leather has winkles on the side. The green mini I have also has the winkles as well, but not on my clutch with chain. I think the winkles occurs depend on the style and shape.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394659282.350758.jpg

6. This happened to the 2 patent bags tha I own.

7. Congrats on your gorgeous flap. Patent leather can show wrinkles, but it depends a lot on the style. I have a patent Chanel tote without any wrinkles, but with color transfer. So make sure you clean your bag after noticing any color transfer. If you wait too long, it will be virtually impossible to clean.

8. My patent jumbo has wrinkling on both sides of the flap

9. Gorgeous patent fuschia! Congrats again!

10. Congrats on your gorgeous jumbo, MJ! I don't have a patent jumbo but have a patent reissue in burgundy and just checked. There is some wrinkling on the sides but due to the darker color it is not so noticeable. This seems to be a "quality" of the patent leather.
    If you can enjoy your bag as is or if you can find another one exchange it but there is no warranty the new will be much different, it seems. I would say enjoy your bag!!!
    Can you please post the color code of the fuchsia patent? TIA! It is so gorgeous!

11. Thanks to everyone for your input!! It really helped!! 👍😘💖💖

I'm definitely keeping it, since wrinkling on the sides seems to be common with Chanel patent, and certainly doesn't detract from the beauty of the bag!! I just love the Fuschia patent!! 💕💕

12. Thanks impulsive!! 😘💖💖💖

13. Thanks Martinibeach!! 😘😘😘

I decided to keep it...since I found out, thanks to you lovely ladies here, that this is a characteristic of the patent, not a defect. 👍

The color code is 0A419 😃

14. YAY, congrats again!

And thank you for the color code, I will order this and run into the risk of having wrinkled sides of a new bag but I am so ready to take this risk!!:biggrin:

15. Yay!!! I'm excited for you to get it!! 👍👍💖💖💖😘