Do you think toile will mold?

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
or mildew...?

In a very very humid environment? Its a year round thing, we get 200 inches of rain in this part of Alaska. I dont have climate control in my closet. This is why I keep letting these toile bags get away. Maybe I am imagining the worst??

What do you think...

Let me also add that leather molds here, in sleppers or out of them. Even my "SF pants" molded in their garment bag. I can get it out of most things, but sometimes it doesnt come out of fabric. My beautiful buttery leather sofa got a bad batch in the back, and it did stain it....:crybaby:

I check my bags and put the silicone packs in their boxes. But if toile got stained, it would break my heart.

Please dont think I live in a moldy mess of a place. But it does happen. And with a vintage toile bag, I think it would be a tragedy.

HELP!

oooh...I wonder if you're looking at what I think you are....

I bet it would not mold, especially if you use it regularly. If anything, toile is stocked more often in Sunny/Humid climates since it could be used year round.

Could you wrap the silcone packs in something like tissue paper?

Its also the "using it regularly" part I worry about....

I am in a full blown tizzy.
Thanks so much for the great suggestions!

CB, my place mould like no body's business over here. Granted I live in a high humidity place, but my previous place is not so bad.

Leather shoes/belts, out in the open - aired, within 1 week will turn mouldy. EVEN CD covers also turn mouldy over time. :shrugs:

Walk-in storage has a dehumidifer that is turned on 24/7, my bags, all in sleepers and also turn mouldy - even the long champ pilages bag (fabric). Hardware tarnishes, my LV locks became bronze/brassy.

We love the current place where we live, where else in this concrete jungle (singapore) We get to see squirrels in the morning (outside my kitchen windows) :love:

Unless you are willing to use the bag very regularly, than get the bag. Oh if this is about *that bag*, I love it, it has light toile, can/will you be able to use it regularly? Do a bag rotaion - If yes, than get it. :heart: and get a dehumidifer? heheee :idea:

I just love you guys.....

I am really worried about it getting stained from it. I dont mind cleaning my bags, but if the unthinkable happens.....

How will I face you all??
:sweatdrop:

....must think....must think.....aaaargh!!!

CB - yep...it can go mouldy, but if you do what the others suggested, you could probably overcome it.

I have a friend "up north" of where I live (ie: tropical) - has a Herbag that went all mildewey in one corner....but *cringe*...she WASHED it....and claims it's OK!!