Buying a display model?

I think you should exchange it. The SA's at my store have told me that they are supposed to sell the displays. I always ask for one that wasn't on display. For that amount of money I want a brand "new" one:smile:
I totally agree with this. Why settle for a store display when there are other good stocks and you're paying the same price? Exchange it. :smile:

wow, i can't believe the sa said that. I'm sure it's BS.

My Pochette Metis was heavily finger printed, but after a little polishing cloth it was very shiny so i didn't mind.
Yeah, I would have been ok with just fingerprints, but these were scratches... not ok! :smile:

I know it is a hassle, but I would go ahead and return/ exchange it if I were you... that just is not acceptable. Good luck to you and congrats on the new baby that is soon to arrive!

I'm super OCD about my purses and if I'm paying the brand new price, I want it brand new! Although, if the display bag was in PERFECT condition, I would get that..but I would have to inspect it first!:smile: Thoroughly inspect it!

Congrats on the baby, too!:smile:

I had similar situation I bought my totally azur pm and decided a week later I wanted to get the mm. I called ahead and the SA brought it out when I got there i was so excited I didn't look carefully and she just showed me really quick and stuffed it back on box. I came home and put it away weeks later Iooked at it and there were creases at where the handle meets the canvas which would happen with wear and tear but this is suppose to be new!

I live with it but now I am super careful looking at all items I buy before taking it home. I know this was a display bag.

yes if there's no obvious defect, for example was shopping 4 del mm
last sunday @ my local lv, only had one left & on display.. willing to buy it even if miu
but upon inspection top stitching was crooked i declined, will try again
this wk-end, sa said might have new shipment soon hopefully b4 the increase.

There is so much to learn, almost over whelming ;)
I feel as if i need to make a check list before i bring something home.

MIF- check
Metal hardware - check
alingment - check
smooth zipper - check
etc......
I agree! I have given up on Made in France for the most part. When I went to buy my Insolite organizer the SA told me that there were no more in the store for me to compare it with. Now I am beginning to wonder if they tell customers this so that they actually sell the older items. Hmmmmm.

Update:

My new bag came in today (that was fast) and Boy..... was I there in a heart beat.
The transaction was very smooth and easy, I even got my preference of a felt drawstring dust bag instead of a flap. My Sa said he checked every inch to make sure it was perfect; he was very apologetic and embarrassed.

My heart is at ease and now we wait for baby.

Thank you all SO MUCH!

Hi ladies! On Saturday I went to our local LV store and bought quite a few items before the price increase. One of them was a Speedy B Emp 25. I noticed that they gave me the floor model that another customer and I were handling. I didn't say anything, I figured it was probably the last one and there was technically nothing wrong with it.

The next day I was looking at my purchases, looking at the date codes I noticed the one on my Speedy was from 2012. How long has this been on display? I know they rotate, but how many people have touched it? Should I call and ask them to order me another one that is new for exchange or just keep it?

I have a vernis zippy to pick up so I will be going there to pick that up when it comes in, so that wouldn't be an inconvenience. Thanks for your help!

Year and date code wouldn't bother me at all but if it is showing signs of wear or already looking worn then definitely exchange. If not and all looks perfect, age wouldn't force me to exchange. after all, you could swap for a 2014 speedy that has issues. However, if you're truly uncomfortable and you're going anyway, it won't hurt to look over the others that are there :smile:

You can call and ask if they have another one in stock. You said probably the last one, so maybe it was not the last one. Also if it has no sign of wear then there is no problem keeping it. Since you are going to the LV store, why not try to exchange. Do what makes you happy :smile:

I would definitely call and see if they have more. A similar situation happened to me too. I went to buy the Speedy in Damier Azur, and they handed me one from the drawer with patina on it! It looked perfect otherwise, but I asked if I could see another one. They handed me another one with virgin patina, but the tab had a huge crease on it. I ended up buying the one with patina as there were no more in stock. I looked at the purse at home and the date ode made it over a year old too! I ended up exchanging it at another store. Don't settle:cool:

As long as there is no flaws with the bag I wouldn't care at all! When hubby & I went to purchased my speedy b it was the last one they had in my store which was made in France & it was in perfect condition, in my situation I would of been mad if they tried to get me a different one, lol... If it really bugs you that it was out then exchange I guess.