Your oldest item that you still wear?

I have a black blazer from around 2000/2001 from Express of all places that I still wear. It was the top half of my "interview suit" I purchased at the end of college. I never actually wore the matching pants as I'm in a creative industry, but I've worn that blazer nonstop. It's a slim tuxedo style jacket and I still have people asking me where it's from. It's a little embarrassing to say it's almost 15 years old and from a store I haven't stepped into since college, but it still looks current. Other than repairing a lining tear, it's held up great and a nice weight wool blend. I swear clothing was better made even 15 years ago. When it wears out I'm going to take it to a tailor to duplicate, I love it that much.

Not sure if this counts but I have a cardigan I stole from my mother's closet that I wear a lot. It's from Mondi in the 80's and is a black pattern with gold threads going through the knit. It's got the perfect slouchy fit. I have lots of vintage pieces I've bought, but I guess that sweater has been in my family for at least 30 years.

Here it is. 50 years old and absolutely no pilling whatsoever. I've been wearing it since the 80's, albeit gently, and it still looks new.
My boyfriend has a Pringle sweater from the time he was 16 (so 20 years ago) that he stills wears. No pilling whatsoever for him either! The quality is amazing, so I'm in the process of getting some vintage pieces for the both of us.

I have a wool coat from Macy's bought almost 12 years ago. I wear it every year, and I still get compliments.

I have a pair of jeans I bought in high school from Express (in my late 20s). I gave them to my mom two or three years ago, when I cut down on jeans, but they're still going strong and were/are worn all the time.

I have a shirt bought around my freshmen or sophomore year of high school from Charlotte Russe of all places. It is indestructable! It's even been washed in hot water on multiple occasions, worn every year since I bought it, and it's still in like new condition. I can't believe Charlotte Russe once produced this quality (or perhaps they still do, I haven't shopped there in years).

I have a blouse my mom gave me (we switch up clothes sometimes, lol) that she bought in the 80s in some boutique in NY. It is also indestrcutable.

I have a blazer from Bebe around 12 years ago. Wear it all the time all year. Still get compliments.

I have a dress bought maybe 8 years ago from an indy bougtique. Still gorgeous and fits like a dream.

I have a skirt from high school, don't remember where I bought it, but I wear it too.

My mom has an Escada blazer from the 80s that's basically mint and some other pieces that are better than anything today.

If only I'd known to invest in designer pieces when I was younger...I wouldn't have to buy much stuff today! The quality at the "cheaper" places then was better than more expensive shops now. Grr. Hence why I've begun investing in vintage desinger stuff...

Haha, great thread! I am actually wearing my almost 12-year-old esprit winter coat today because it has a furry hood to keep me warm! I remembered buying it when I was 11 or so and had no knowledge of any designers. I always keep my old winter jacket just in case of the winter storm.

Haha, great thread! I am actually wearing my almost 12-year-old esprit winter coat today because it has a furry hood to keep me warm! I remembered buying it when I was 11 or so and had no knowledge of any designers. I always keep my old winter jacket just in case of the winter storm.

haha I can't believe everyone on this thread who can still wear the stuff from when they were elementary school kids!

I have a pink cashmere hoodie and matching drawstring pants that I got from Ann Taylor 10 years ago. I wear them every winter when it gets unbelievably cold out and I'm cuddling at home with tea and a good book.